Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All rods are in great condition with recoil guides, these BCR GLX rods are the most sensitive rods I've fished. They are arguably one of the best sticks for jig and worm presentations.

BCR 802 GLX (6'8" ex fast/medium jig & worm)

BCR 803 GLX (6'8" ex fast/medium heavy jig & worm)

(2) BCR 804 GLX (6'8" fast/heavy jig & worm)

BCR 852 GLX (7'1" ex fast/medium jig & worm)

BCR 854 GLX (7'1" fast/heavy jig & worm)

BCR 874 GLX (7'3" fast/heavy C rig)

$250 per rod, retail prices range from $375 to $395 new. If you have any questions regarding the rods or what applications they are best suited for please feel free to email or pm, thanks.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keegan,

I used the 803 more than the 852. The 852 is better suited for weightless plastics like Flukes or wacky rigs and lightly weighted techniques such as a shakyhead.

Also, depending how tall you are you may want to look at an 853. At 5'11" I'm a bit on the shorter side so prefer the 6'8" length for certain casting apps. If you are over 6'2" I'd suggest the 853.

Maybe it's just me but the 803 and 853 blanks are the most sensitive rods out of the entire Loomis line up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yea I am like 6'1'' maybe on a good day...but I have a 804, but i was looking to get another rod or maybe two. If you had to chose the 803 vs. the 852. What would you go with... also is it 250 a rod if you buy more than one rod :-/

·
Registered
93 Posts
do you think the 803 and 854 would be a good combo...803 for the lighter jigs and senkos, and the 854 for heavy jigs...would you be will to do price wise if i bought both rods

Thanks,

Keegan

·
Registered
510 Posts
I told you I would buy one last year..What about a powertackle rod?You have a used one of those? Watching your sugar lake video SOLD me on power tackle rods!!! Which Powertackle rod is like the 803 GLX?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Topwaterdog...you are class act thanks for not making this hard...I lost a jigging rig last week on here...cant wait to fish together buddy...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dang, if I hadn't just bought a new boat, I'd take a few of these off your hands.

·
Registered
428 Posts
What is your Loomis inventory looking like?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brad, these are the last ones. I have a few of them sold pending payment when I get into town next week.

Send me a pm with what you may be interested in and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Updated list of what's left:

BCR 802 GLX (6'8" ex fast/medium jig & worm)

(2) BCR 804 GLX (6'8" fast/heavy jig & worm)

BCR 852 GLX (7'1" ex fast/medium jig & worm)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Andy,

I'll take the 852 for $235. I can get it from you next Wednesday night at LA. If you want to get together sooner let me know; my cell is 656-3355. Troy Jenkins

1 - 19 of 19 Posts