Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's nothing quite like fishing...the solitude, before sunrise...few human noises...with every cast the hope of success, however you count it...the ongoing search for perfection in lure choice, presentation, location...all the sights and sounds refresh the heart and mind and soul...i always thank the buzzards for their hard work; cleaning the area with many times more vigor than the humans who leave trash all over the place...buncha slobs...what, you cant carry one empty beer can back to your vehicle? jerks...
anyway, back to the beauty that is fishing...well, beauty if you like the topwater activity about 3 casts out, and you can only throw the distance of a single cast...there was one moment when a bunch of surging, splashing schooling in a 30 foot circle made me wish i ate more spinach, cuz it was out of reach...
and jesse, a cute regular, came right up to me and let me scratch her butt! i love dogs...and i chatted with her human, like i always do...
meanwhile, i STILL hadnt caught anything...i think i was just working it too fast...i was excited to be fishing...i also wanted to try the new yo zuri that sinks to half a foot, and rises when paused, which is perfect for bank fishing, except i accidently tied on an older model that sinks to 3ft, which i didnt realize til i got home, so i will be forced to go again tomorrow, lol...i DID catch one small bass, on the yo zuri, so the 3hrs wasnt completely without merit...i reloaded the spool while watching the golf channel, and tied on the new yo zuri, and plan on throwing it the entire time tomorrow, just to perfect my understanding of how to use it effectively, which is kinda like it's a topwater; same retrieve, which maybe is why i like it...
recuerdos reopened after a coupla weeks, and maggy already forgot how i like my chorizo plate; 2 eggs over medium, with chorizo on the side...she scrambled it together, and it tasted like poo poo ca ca to me...you gotta have the chorizo on the side!!!!
i tweeked my back friday playing golf, and every time i reached down for my fishing backpack, i got a little jolt...lower right side...sucks...had to lay around all weekend in agony...
wanted to play golf, cuz i got my irons reshafted in steel instead of graphite...the accuracy is nuts...ordered prosoft foam inserts which go into the shaft, reducing vibration and joint pain...so i guess it'll be me and the fish tomorrow...and jesse...and the buzzards...
i really want to get back to lake powell soon...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Come on Bill. That just means your lure will go further than on the coast....less wind....small lure....lower drag and all of that. Heck you might be able to fish the other shoreline. And think about the fear in those boaters eyes when they see you shoulder that puppy. I can see the smile on your face already. Ready fire aim

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm...fear in their eyes...hmm...
yeah, one of the regular potlickers got too close today...
i just dont get it...

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am thinking birthday present. Christmas is much to far away Bill. Or get it for your grand kids but keep it at your house because they arent old enough yet.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Get it in celebration of July 27th. After all this is the only July 27th we are having this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts