Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's a QT (quick trip) on williams that's open 24hrs! QT was my favorite spot in phoenix, and glad to see them here in this region! that means i can hit GT super early tomorrow and potlick the swim beach where i saw a guy reeling 'em in like mad. baitfish everywhere... i had 5 strikes and landed 2 on the evergreen sb105. very interesting topwater lure. it can do almost a 180 with just the lightest touch, and can also look/sound like several scampering baitfish when you really give it a wack! and somehow i had left the skimmer at home, so i continued throwing the sb105...did try some other baits as well, but the bite had died off so i cant really judge performance. of course, the day before the guy wading the swim beach had only a single tick, with no baitfish, lol...
i love the topwater strike! yeah, i dont put up huge numbers every time out, but the thrill of getting crashed is why i fish!

brushy was a slimy mess. that goop was all over the place, thanks to the westerly winds associated with that storm that hit this afternoon. every retrieve was a slimy, goopy mess of green yuck. i did manage to convince some little kids that those werent actually ducks, but chickens dressed up in duck costumes by park employees to attract more visitors. i gave the kids some bread to feed the ducks with, and they got a thrill tossing the food to the birds.

and my pliers were rusted shut, so afterwards i hit walmart and got another; the loooong ones with a slightly bent tip, which make it super easy to remove hooks from fish...i also got an awesome backpack for $9.98, which i'm gonna start using instead of carrying my plano box, since i want to carry 2 combos, and it's a pain in the @zz otherwise...
also, it sucks getting old. it hurts to put a sock and shoe on my left foot.
also, accuweather is the worst. at 530am they STILL had t-storms at 7, and there was absolutely nothing on the radar! weather channel had it pegged!
gonna hit the swim beach tomorrow super early!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the yellow plastic lip-grabbers at bass pro coupla years ago. The bent pliers are great for deep hook removal. $5!!!!
20200409_180144.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Bill, was that you in the blue/green shirt standing out in the water at Jim Hogg this morning? if so, how did you do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts