Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so, hit the brushy exxon and got a bean, rice, cheese, pico de gallo taco/burrito and a coffee. definitely good breakfast! first cast at around 6:45, immediately landed a 1.66 on the secret sebile (pics below). then tied on a topwater, but the carp woke up and started stirring up the area, knocking the fishing to zero. headed for russell park and hoped to get an hour in before the rain, which held off for a coupla hours. waded out til the water almost hit my shorts, and threw some different topwaters and the sebile at some biguns that were breaking the surface, but they were just outa reach. blanked, but encouraged. makes me want to go get my boat in bastrop and hit the dead sea! lol
hit pokey jo's (sam bass and 35, across from post office) for $20 worth of ribs, and with the weather holding off, ate the ribs in the brushy parking lot and decided, what the heck, i'm going fishing again! the carp were finished with their annual spawn, but i couldnt get a bite. did run into a coupla guys and we talked fishing, and music, and politics, and practiced casting. good times...
did see a bigun, like 4-5 pounder, jump outa the water chasing something, and a second later leaped again! we saw it sideways and could tell it was a bass...tried to get it, but nothing...that fish was yuge!
just gonna have to wait and see on the weather tomorrow, but the wind will be outa the north, which i like when i'm stuck on the north side. get a lot more casting distance with the wind at my back.
i'm inviting everyone i meet (that fish) to get on ABF. let's keep spreading the word! we gotta lotta great people here that keep it great!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cant recall if i saw you or not, lol...looks like a break in the rain tomorrow. gonna try to get that big one at brushy bright and early!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts