Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very clean 300 Win Mag that I am looking to Trade for a .308 or a 30-06.

This is a 1974 M70 Winchester 300 Win Mag. This gun is over 30 years old and as far as I know it has only had about 150 rounds shot out of it. It is a very pretty gun but I just don't need it for around here and I am getting a 7mm this weekend. I would sell it for $550 (OBO to you guys) if you don't have a gun to trade me and just want to buy it.

I had it priced for $600 but I noticed the other day that the trigger needs to be looked at and I am not thinking that would take more then $50.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
Beautiful stock on that rifle Chris. How do you mean that the "trigger needs to be looked at?" How is it behaving? Why not get the trigger fixed, then sell?

Is the scope good? Still shooting good groups?

You're right, that is a bit more gun than most need around here, but still could be a nice addition to the collection.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is just a little catch in the spring. I have talked to a few people and they said it sounds like someone took it apart at one point to clean it and just messed up the spring when they were putting it back in.

The gun still shoots just fine, but the trigger pull is a little off.

As for getting it fixed then sell it. I really just don't have the time, working two jobs M-F is really hard and when I get to my days off I just want to have fun, not take a gun to get it fixed. For me it's easier to knock the price down and let someone that has the time take it to get it fixed.

The scope is a good scope, however I would put a better one on it if I was you, I have just not had the money. I also am not sure if it is on or not, I have not shot it in a while.

Chris

·
Registered
10,702 Posts
That is still a good deal Chris, rifle alone. Scope is a nice bonus. I'll pass the word on to my friends who hunt bigger animals. With as little time as I have to hunt, I have no business buying such a gun, eventhough it is pretty. Should sell soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.