Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas Tournament Zone has partnered with Lone Star Bass and the Lone Star Series to bring a new trail into central Texas; and with our partnership with Bass Pro Shops the 2011 Lone Star Series Champions will take home a $25,000 2011 Nitro Z7 powered by a 150HP Mercury. (Guaranteed)

Lone Star Series - Central

Feb 5 – Travis
Mar 26 – LBJ
Apr 23 – Buchanan
May 28 – Austin

Lone Star Series - North

Feb 19 - Texoma
Mar 12 - Lewisville
Apr 9 - Ray Hubbard
May 7 - Tawakoni

PAYOUTS: 90% cash payback for series events; 100% payback on Big Bass

ENTRY FEE: $150 per team; optional $10 Big Bass side pot

MEMBERSHIP FEE: $30 per angler

CHAMPIONSHIP: October 2011 (TBD) *Championship is guaranteed to be on a neutral lake*  $25,000 2011 Nitro Z7 GUARANTEED for 1st place.

Fishing 3 of 4 events or finishing in the top 50% of the points will qualify you for the Championship.

2011 AOY PRIZE: $1,000 Cash

There's been a lot of talk about what makes up a good trail and we believe that we have it in the 2011 Lone Star Series.  More information and an official press release will follow.  We hope that you'll take a look and consider fishing with us next year.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks Strictly!

We've heard for years from folks wanting a similar schedule...the Highland run. This trail is gonna be a lot of fun, and we expect to see some great weights brought to the scales, as the schedule was strategic in terms of historical production on these lakes.

Give us a chance this year, we have some really cool things in store!

·
Registered
637 Posts
After seeing what type of tournament TTZ puts on at the GFFK tourny, I'm stoked for this series. I just put all 4 dates on my calendar!

I think I might have to request one of them TTZ shirts for my 2 year old. At the weigh in this past weekend, Robby's kid couldn't have looked any cuter in his TTZ t-shirt. I asked him, if he was going to be a fisherman when he grew up. Any guesses on the answer?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're getting a lot of good feedback after this weekend from anglers planning to fish this trail!

We promise you guys this will be a fun trail with one of the best paybacks around. If you guys show up in numbers our sponsors are happy; if our sponsors are happy we get more stuff for you guys and the paybacks will continue to grow.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We already have two teams fully registered for the entire 2011 season!

Our rules indicate your launch order/boat # will be designated by the order in which your payment is received.  We do not access a late fee and you may also sign up at the ramp the morning of an event, but there is a small incentive to getting your entry fee in early!

Online registration for all 2011 events will be up shortly; if you are interested in registering asap for any of the 2011 tournaments please contact me directly at [email protected].

The site is being updated and should go live 11/15 but here is a link to the preliminary rules for you guys to reveiw (I would have posted them here instead of redirecting but it appears ABF has a character max per post):

http://ttz1.com/forum/tournament-talk/2011-lone-star-series-central-and-north-schedule/#p11424

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a ton of things we need to prepare for this trail, but one item on the top of our list is trying to secure an official drink sponsor for the Lone Star Series.

Can you say vodka, tequila or both? If we can land one it should make things a little more fun.

We have also been frequently asked if there are mandatory or points weighted meetings.  We will not have meetings that award or penalize points, but do plan to have some angler appreciation nights for the trail...show up if you want to hang out and have a good time the night before a tournament or don't is pretty much the theme of these gatherings.

More full season entries are starting to trickle in...crazy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.