Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else fishing these events this year?

Lake Whitney 2/16
Lewisville 3/8
Lake Palestine 3/29
Richland Chambers 4/26
Lake Texoma 10/4 - 10/5
Cowboy - Regional Lake Ouachita 10/23 - 10/25

· Banned
1,780 Posts
There are a few on the baord that fish these events.

Clint and Tony are the 2 I am aware of but there should be more.

I fished one event on Choke a couple years back.

All I know is that the Ts are ran very well.

Clint can give mor einsight and Tony can explain what it's like to qualify and fish the All American (this itself is a major accomplishment).

kp

· Registered
93 Posts
Hey Chad

I'm not doing the BFL's this year. Just can't fit it in my Schedule. But I am doing the FLW Series EAST and the Stren Texas. Just got my confirmation on both of them.
Just a little heads up. Try to get a Boater to sign up with.
This will Guarantee you a spot for every Tournament. If they come up short on Boaters you might not get to fish.
And this could all happen the night of the meeting.If you have any Question give me a shout. 554-5320.
Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Tony,
Thanks for the info. I'm signed up as a boater since I'm a Ranger owner and in their owners group hopefully I'll get in! ;D

Tks,
Chad

· Banned
1,780 Posts
If you register with a co-angler you will then be garunteed to have a spot.

Though they take boat owners in priority, if you sign up solo then you move towards the bottom of the pack. Sign up with a co, then you're in. They just want to fill all 200 positions for the year.

kp

· Registered
683 Posts
Cowboy division hasn't pulled 200 boats for an event in the last 5 years that I can remember, so you're probably safe, signed up with out the coangler, but you can get one for the rest of the season by just asking around at the first pretournament meeting. Ask the tournament director and he'll help you find one.

As for me, I'm out this season, but may jack pot a few of the events on Sam Rayburn (not in the Cowboy division). Lake Palestine 3/29 will be in the middle of the spawn on that lake. If you don't know where the spawning flats are on that lake, then you're in trouble if you don't go prefishing and find them. The guys that figure out how to catch pre and post spawn females will be the winners since all the bedding bass will have been hammered from people practicing. Oh and plan to launch early (5:00AM) as the marina ramps don't have a lot of room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.