Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw everything at 'em today and had just one bite in 5 hours of fishing. I caught a small keeper on a white spinnerbait. It seems as though every shad in the lake has congregated around the 360 bridge. My graph would literally go black in that area but I just couldn't get the fish to bite. When I saw a jet ski pulling a wake-boarder I knew it was time to go. There was less than 20 yards visibility. What a couple of idiots.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
It seems like it's hit or miss right now. Thanks for the report.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hit or miss? I have been fishing LA pretty hard and have not "hit" yet. Oh well. That's why it's called 'fishing' not 'catching.' Looks like I need to buy a yak and find one of these magic ponds you boys are always whacking them in. Maybe Santa will bring me one.

· Registered
10,147 Posts
2008-12-18 LA Blues

I thought this post was on Lake Austin Blue Catfish... ;D ;D

Enough of the dry humor...

Yes, Lake Austin can be fun and depressing....all within 24 hours. But with all this grass, next springtime should be a deadly frog bite...

I would try and locate deep water humps in the main channel and fish with big plastics. Out in the middle of the lake...dodging other idiots! :D

Also, if you locate a large school of shad, fish the edges of the school with large jigging spoons, like the Lake Fork Flutter Spoons. Bigger the better..

Excellent article on jigging spoons from Mark Stevenson:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/members/insider/bmmarchive/story?page=b_fea_1202_spoon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.