Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community,

I recently purchased a 2001 Triton TR22 with a 2001 Mercury 250 HP 2 stroke on it. After the first few times of taking it out, I noticed it beeps 3 times when running full throttle or idling. It seems pretty constant, with around 4 minutes in between beeping series. The oil level is fine and the battery is working fine. After reading a little bit, it seems it could be a sensor? Anyone run into this problem?

Need to put into a shop, but after buying this thing the bank account isnt doing well. Any advice here?

Cheers,
Brandon

·
Banned
5,461 Posts
3 beeps is the computer telling you something, I just can't remember what it is. The way to find out is to read in your owners manual and it will explain the different beeps and what they mean. If that doesn't work there is another great resource at bass boat central with the Mercury Owners Board. You will need to post up your serial number along with your issue and there will be one of about 3 mechanics that monitor that board that are helpful.

I have a hunch it's the little oil tank mounted on the engine is low. The remedy is, while the engine is running remove the cap and let the pressure raise the level of the little tank from the big tank. Then replace cap right before it overflows. Then as the final remedy make sure you keep the main tank filled above 1/2 way.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I think 3 beeps is the water separator. Drain the valve on the bottom of the high pressure pump housing, that should fix it.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Bring it to Tracker and we can put the computer on it and take all of the guess work out. Could be battery low voltage or as long shot said water in fuel or any number of non critical fault indicators. NO CHARGE.....Gary 512 250 9000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts