Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just HAD to get on the water before I went mental! Plus I want to see how the new pup would react to fishing so we tried Sunday, but we got blown around the water so bad it was more work than fun. He loved the ride in the boat, but the fishing, not so much. In fact he didn't understand why I was tossing something and he wasn't allowed to chase it. He tried twice and fell in both times. I DID force myself to wait until I got a fish in the boat to see his reaction...he was not impressed. :rolleyes:

Monday being a gorgeous overcast calm day I decided to play hooky for a few hours. I got on the water at 11:45 and headed to the reeds at the corner of the dam and tossed a frog in hopes of a topwater bite, but no luck. I put it down after about 50' in favor of a green/white senko. After another 50' I found the speed, the twitch and the presentation they were looking for. I fished all the way from that point around into Cedar cove to the foot bridge then along that northern bank to the timber. All in all probably 20 fish with the best five going an estimated 15lb. The fish were everywhere, 1', 3', 5', 8'. All spawned out obviously, but all ravenously hungry! I went through two bags of Senkos, but it was worth it to sate my appetite for a bent rod. Good thing too, cause I have no time to fish for awhile! Even got a beautiful orange belly sun perch!

so tallies - on water 11:45 off at 2:15 roughly 20 fish, most in the slot and 2.5-3#
water was calm and fairly clear (for Bastrop) visibility prolly 3-4' i forgot to get a water temp, sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's a great day. Especially after Sunday.

I saw you out there on Sunday... Well more specifically your dog. What a ****-show that was. Are there always 30+ boats out on Bastrop on a weekend?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! most weekends Bastrop has a lot of boats and a TON of kayaks, but for the most part everyone is respectful of each other and there are so many places to fish on that lake that unless there is a big tourney its not an issue. I think the problem on Sunday was that everyone was trying to find a place out of the wind. What were in in Sunday and where?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts