Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 8:00 to 4:00.  7 fish total. It took every bit of 8 hours to catch them.  Started off quickly, caught a nice 4.5 lb bass
on the drop shot 30 min. into the day. Caught it close to the ramp at I 35 in about 18 ft. of water. Fished all the way down the
south bank to Congress. Caught #2 bass @ Congress on a red rat trap. Caught #3 @ SRV on the drop shot. Fished all the way
to Lamar and back to S. 1st with out a bite. From 2:00 to 3:30 got on a good jig bite. Used a big 3/4 oz. blue/grn. pump. oldham
jig . 2 ft to 12 ft. deep. All my fish were good keepers. 2 to 4.5 lb. fat bellys. Water temp. 47 to 53 degrees. Water was fairly clear,
I expected dirtier water with the rain this week. Cold early, weather warmed up a bit. Got a little windy at the end of the day.
Saw a few other boats on the water.  Had fun and the best bet is my valentine girl told me to go again tomorrow.   [smiley=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Magic, just pure stubborn. Most of the time for me on town lake the bites come in short periods of time,
long periods of no bites. I have also learned from friends you really have to fish slow when
the water is cold. We really have a jewel of a lake downtown, plus the added features on the hike and bike trail.
Can't wait till next weekend for my next fish'in trip. Good luck to all. [smiley=cool.gif]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.