Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about selling my boat. It's a 1998 Basscat Classic with a 2004 Johnson 175 on it. It has dual Eagle 320's, a MK Maxxum 74, brand new Interstate deep cycle batteries in it (less than a month old) and a everstart cranking battery that's about 5 months old. The tires on the trailer are about 8 months old. I had new spark plugs, l/u fluid, a water pump and impeller installed last March ('09). Got a 2 bank battery charger. Had the prop refinished (nettles) less than 2 weeks ago so it looks brand new. It's also got a hotfoot and motor trim lever's on the steering wheel.

The boat looks really great for a 11 year old boat. I get compliments on it all of the time. It was garaged for most of it's life. The motor has always had XD50 oil (synthetic blend) run through it. The motor cranks right up on the first or second start all of the time. It's the easiest starting motor I've ever had. It does need a tune up. Right now, I'm not sure why but I can only get it up to 5,100 rpms (supposed to be 5,700). It's been like that for the last 6 months. The mechanic I've always sent it to and has done all of the work on the boat (Mike Halfmann the Boatmann) has told me that he doesn't think there's anything seriously wrong with the motor and that it just needs a major tune up. I will be more than happy to have the motor/boat checked out at your expense by any of the local mechanics in the Austin area.

Right now, I'm tentatively asking $8,500 but I'm open to offers.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
26360D06065450620 said:
WTF?????? What are you going to do for a ride? This is a surprise. If you sell, ping me when you get to jonesing.
Haha, thanks. I'm not sure what's next - contemplating a couple of life/career changes and I appreciate the offer!!! I'll still have my RF 12 'yak to fish out of, tho... ::)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the boat out at Decker today. With me, my lady and 1/2 tank of gas in it, I ran all over the lake at 5,200 rpms. Everything worked just fine, the same way it's worked for the last 6 months and 30-40+ times I've used it. Fishing wasn't so good, however. :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
55525D130 said:
5-20 Call Cliff and see what we can offer- He is looking at building his pre-owned inventory.
254-699-9151
Thanks, but since the price drop - I've gotten tons of interest in the boat and I'm fairly sure I'll find a buyer pretty soon. Cliff can come see the boat if he wants to, tho. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.