Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack waldrop jr repowered his boat with a new 250 pro xs and his still healthy 225 optimax is about to be for sale. I will be changing all the fluids, the compressor belt and then I will mount it on my gambler for people to have a chance to see it run and confirm the motor is sound before buying it. If you are running mercury controls already I will install it for you. It will be a week or so before I get it ready. Just wanted to let everybody here get a heads up.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jack was tired of going slow so he now runs the bullet instead of that skeeter he had. I don't k ow much about skeeters but that purple and yellow one he ad was slow as molasses. He has always preferred the bullet for speed, ride and layout. But I don't think he has fished out of those new I class beauties. They may be slow but man, they are roomy and Purdy.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They still have 2 skeeters with yamahas though. Jack senior and Mike have skeeters. Jack keeps threatening to buy a new skeeter to get in on that sweet skeeter real money.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
BLADED BULLET 187.JPG BLADED BULLET 183.JPG BLADED BULLET 181.JPG I fished out of a 20i w/ a 250 hpdi and it was a great fishing boat but I did not like the low to mid range porpoising or the slow hole shot. Can't beat the room and storage but the lids were noisy and creaked when stepped on. Currently, I'm fishing out of a 1997 20xd Bullet and will say that it fishes well , however it get blown around on the water when the wind is blowing which is my only complaint. The hole shot and high cruising speed makes up for it and it's a blast to drive.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
^^ I thought the squeekie lid thing was just because I'm a fatass
The holes hot does suck a little, but the top end speed is more than I can handle
I love the POS. I just wish YOU didn't put a big scratch in it when you had it

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Scratch ? Did we scratch it here at the shop ? The boat does haul the mail on the big end like and rides like a Caddy for sure. Please advise on the scratch.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
NO, your guys had nothing to do with it, but I'd sure like to blame it on someone else
I hate to say it, but it's got a big-ol scratch on one side

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was really surprised at how well a bullet rides. Jack has a 1997 21xd and it rides as smooth as any skeeter I have ever ridden it, plus the extra topend helps. But I haven't ridden in the new skeeters. I hope to bum a ride from Andy one day, maybe bribe him with a six pack. I hear they are the new standard and from now on "rides like a skeeter" is the compliment a Cadillac strives for. We shall see.
I like skeeters, people think I hate them. I just love speed and don't love slow. Maybe skeeter has gotten better and deserves to put "performance" in their name, I have my doubts. To me, Performance boats are Allison, Stroker, Bullet and Gambler. I put those in order of speed. If looks were the rating, Gambler would be first.
But Gambler doesn't pay you to fish out of it's boats. It would not matter in my case, I can't win a tournament to save my life.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
IMG_20140120_172759_650.jpg IMG_20131221_133701_020.jpg IMG_20131221_133717_833.jpg
I was really surprised at how well a bullet rides. Jack has a 1997 21xd and it rides as smooth as any skeeter I have ever ridden it, plus the extra topend helps. But I haven't ridden in the new skeeters. I hope to bum a ride from Andy one day, maybe bribe him with a six pack. I hear they are the new standard and from now on "rides like a skeeter" is the compliment a Cadillac strives for. We shall see.
I like skeeters, people think I hate them. I just love speed and don't love slow. Maybe skeeter has gotten better and deserves to put "performance" in their name, I have my doubts. To me, Performance boats are Allison, Stroker, Bullet and Gambler. I put those in order of speed. If looks were the rating, Gambler would be first.
But Gambler doesn't pay you to fish out of it's boats. It would not matter in my case, I can't win a tournament to save my life.
I have plenty of seat time in allisons and bullets but have never driven a gambler or stroker. I like the way they all look and I'm sure the build quality of them is the highest in the industry. My 97 is like new in every way, the finish on it makes all others look dull including Skeeters and Nitros, plus it hauls ass and cuts through anything you throw at it...wakeboard rollers or wind driven and turns like a F1 car.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the cookie cutters claim our boats ride rough so they can have at least one thing their boats have that ours don't.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am sending him your number. What motor controls are on your boat currently?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts