Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I'm a glutton for cool old stuff!
Ron (Bunkerhunter) got a newer Lund, Sooo I'm taking his old one. He was 2nd owner, had it 24 years. And I'm taking his word at it, that it's solid.
Coming to Hill Country Big Lakes new you soon!! I'll post up m 15' War Eagle as soon as I get what I need transferred to the Lund after I pick it up in Nebraska around the 1st!!
Thanks again Ron & family!! And like I said, once I figure out the stripers on Buch, you're welcome anytime to fish in your ole boat!!
1980 Lund Mr. Pike 18' x 75"! with 85hp Rude. Ron said he had it rebuilt in 2000 or so!!
Lund.jpg
Lund1.jpg
Lund2.jpg
Lund3.jpg
Lund4.jpg
I'll get my Bird 998 SI HD transfered over once it's here!
Pick up an I-Pilot Link for it!
Oh Dez, Mr. Dez!! I'm going to need some lights. Once it's here, I'll swing by, you can get some measurements, we'll discuss a lighting plan????
Ron said it took a trip to Canada in June, then they cleaned it up for sale. I'm sure there's fish mojo and slime, noone could clean out of this. Can't wait to add to it!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Jay,

You were a pleasuree to do business with and I can't wait to meet you and share a fishing trip or two next winter.

Can't believe the ol' Lund is goin' to Texas along with the new*used) one. What a hoot.

It should make you one heck of a boat. 35 or so years old and never one drop of a leak. Lund knew boats! Still do but not like they did then.

I hope you get 20 years out of it too.

Reactions: JayRBV and RO

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay,

You were a pleasuree to do business with and I can't wait to meet you and share a fishing trip or two next winter.

Can't believe the ol' Lund is goin' to Texas along with the new*used) one. What a hoot.

It should make you one heck of a boat. 35 or so years old and never one drop of a leak. Lund knew boats! Still do but not like they did then.

I hope you get 20 years out of it too.
We'll have to see if we can arrange a
"loaded down with fish picture of the Old and the New!!!"

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary,
It's the hottest time of the year. I'm enjoying my a/c!
I don't mind waiting, because I know it'll be right for me to sell it and get a good price.
Unless I decide to keep it and start duck hunting......

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Made to Nebraska yesterday. Good to meet you Ron!
We went to the lake for a test ride andddd,This Lund is going back to Texas for Travis, Buchanan, LBJ and who knows where else!!
Ron's wallets' fatter and mine's happily thinner.
How the hell does that work???

·
Registered
853 Posts
And I thank you sir. Me and Jay are heading out in the morning for some Ditch Trout Fishing. Gonna teach that ol' dog some new tricks. Told him we should take his purty Lund out and catch some slimy catfish on cut bait but he kept asking about the trout I mentioned. That's what I get for cleaning that boat before selling it to him!!!!!!!! hahahahahahha We'll see what the trout do and then maybe try something else!!!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mentioned it a couple weeks ago.
And I haven't trout fished (except in Estonia this last summer) since 1989 before I entered the Army.
Never heard trout fishing called ditch fishing though....
Gotta do something 1900 mile round trip, oh I'm fishing. One way or another.
And there is NO way you washed all the mojo out of that boat!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm? Drive 900+ miles, buy a boat and Ron's got one too.
What are we doing? Beating the bank.
Something here isn't working.....

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Lake Austin and Travis are eager to make that boat's acquaintance. Bring it on! I bet it slices through wake board wakes like butter.

Reactions: JayRBV

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Won't be back on Austin until the pre-spawn, if then. Travis, SOON! Probably 1st of next week, trolling motor or not!!
Oh wait, unfortunately that'll probably be end of week. Got to register everything and do a couple things first.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Made it over 600 miles and thought I was feeling a vibration. So i stopped at a trailer place in Abilene on I-20. They didn't want any of my Austin money. They sent me to Tracker boats-Abilene!!
I got there, told Mr. Loyd Harris, I was towing my new, old boat from Ogallala, Nebraska to Austin. That I usually use Tracker Boats in Austin and Gary is the Man!!
Thought I might have a bearing getting crunchy or something.
They took it right in, jacked it up, said everything was smooth like butter! NO CHARGE!
Right on down the road!! Made it home, no worries!!
Had a great trip and that ShoreLandR pulls like a dream. Well, it'll be perfect once I get a little more drop in my hitch, so it's more level!
I had several compliments and one old guy even asked "You wanna sell that?" Told him nope, NOT for sale!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Good deal Jay. Were you able to get a long enough wire connector or did you just go for it??

Like I told ya up here...the best compliment I ever got with that boat was from a couple guys unloading a $75,000 walleye Ranger......."Now there's a boat that catches fish." Made my day.

Reactions: JayRBV and RO

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good deal Jay. Were you able to get a long enough wire connector or did you just go for it??

Like I told ya up here...the best compliment I ever got with that boat was from a couple guys unloading a $75,000 walleye Ranger......."Now there's a boat that catches fish." Made my day.
I picked up (2) 12" extentions at an Orscelns. After stopping at 3 others and 5 other hardware and auto parts stores.
Also changed both bulbs, all good!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well today was crawl in & out of the Lund!
Got some stuff done. As usual it always takes more than you think!
Got the side bunks off my War Eagle and mounted on the ShoreLand'R to make loading easier. SURE is a fine trailer!! They're not as close to the boat as I'd like. I'll think it over and discuss it with a fabricator Brother of mine next week. They're definitely help as they are though!
140906_0000.jpg
Ron and I measured the Yeti for height to see if it would fit here. There was a board with a storage bin underneath. Well, it fits. But it was more than just take the board out. Had to take the support boards out that were bolted to the console and the livewell. Then trim a inch off the board on the front of the console. Ran the sander over it for splinter prevention. Then wiggled the Yeti in place. Fits fine. Screwed the Yeti footman loops to the floor, then it was get skinny hands to strap it down. The holes in the console that the board was bolted through got used to run the locking cable through. The locks' under the console! Yeti Fits like a glove!! It's also on the opposite side of the driver for weight distribution.
140906_0001.jpg
Got the Bird 998 HDSI ducer and GPS puck off the War Eagle. But I'll finish unhooking all the wiring tomorrow and get it in the Lund!
Hard to believe this thing is 34 years old and still has the original carpet in the center! Thanks for taking care of and passing me the good Lund, Ron!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts