Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Congratulations, that fish was only about 1.4 pounds from breaking a fifteen year old lake record!

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
Way to go SoCal !!!

That is a fish of a lifetime on LT.

Totally Awesome!!!!

EA

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
lunker-hunter said:
Awesome catch ;D :eek: ;D
Lunker Hunter,

I'm just curious and would like to hear your take on something.  Do you see any "unconservational" activity in this case?  You mentioned the case of the fish from the Lake Austin post.  Seems this fish here is quite obviously in spawning conditioning whereas those "questionable" Lake Austin fish are well..... questionable.

If I know for sure I've caught a spawner I try to put it back right on the bed it came from.  But honestly during pre-spawn I can't really tell for sure.  I do know this for sure.  Texas Parks and Wildlife and their field staff have studied this much longer than I have.  I think they've set the right rules that have arguably created a bass fishery in Texas that is one of the Nations best.  The only safe way to know for sure for the state to make the spawn off limits.  However, years and years have gone by and they haven't done that.  Instead, they've created a sound management plan I would argue seems to be working.      

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Great catch dude, something you will never forget.

RUDEHOE225,

I think you should have responded to lunker hunter in his original post, but... I think he said what many of us other folks think. I really have never understood this thought of running around the lake all day with fish you aren't going to eat or turn in at the end of a tournament. Stress is the leading killer of caught fish and it can't do them any good sitting in your livewell all day. Take your picture, weigh them and turn em loose.

Just my opinion...

I'm sure I have just angered a few....

·
Registered
998 Posts
Whoa Nelly,  ??? As stated before, wasn't trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. You guys can carry those bass all over the freakin lake for all I care. Just not something that I think is beneficial to our fish friends, especially during the spawn time period. IMO this is not Catch, Photo, and Release; More like Catch, Torture, and Release.
As for So-Cal's bass, Bada$$ whopper for LT ;D I would have definitely called Sharelunker guys as well, as they have a program that "I would argue seems to be working" ;D

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
SocalBass,

Nice catch.  I don't care what time of year you caught it or how long it sat in that cooler away from it's bed.  Congrats again.

BassTrack and Lunker hunter,

I'd be more than willing to continue this off line, or in the original post about LA.

·
Registered
499 Posts
That fish is like 'So Cal'... ;D Nice fish. Congrats.

There are far more big fish in LT than people realize or catch for that matter. There have been a few 12lb+ fish caught there in the past 2 years that I know of personally. No telling how many others have been.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now I know why there aren't many big fish in Travis...that mule has been eating all of them.

Unbelieveable catch.  Too bad it didn't make share-a-lunker....what do you think the Vegas odds would be on a SAL EVER coming out of Travis.

·
Registered
122 Posts
NICE little piggy!!! Way to go SoCal! Awesome day! ;D

Tom

21 - 40 of 90 Posts