Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
My choices this morning were limited to small water due to the breezy forecast. I had to choose between Pfork and Town Lake. I almost literally flipped a coin, but the weather made up my mind go to Lady Bird.

Let’s see: falling barometer, hellacious southwest wind, 53°F water, sunny. Hmmm, what to throw?

Hardbaits included 2.5 and 1.5 squarebill, flat side diver, lipless crank and suspending jerk bait.

Soft bait rigs included Texas rig, wacky rig, Neko rig, Zeka rig, and drop-shot. Plastics included straight tail, ribbon tail, ring worm, stick worm, creature, and beaver.

After hours of hauling water, I got struck on one of the above, swung and broke my line, DOH! Brutal skunk. Should have gone to Pflugerville!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I went to Pflugerville this afternoon. I got one on a diver and then I drifted shallow. I picked up squarebill and got one so I anchored. I cast out drop-shot and got one so I figured I was anchored at the right spot. I thought, three fish in fifteen minutes, not bad. I cast out BBH, got a tap, missed the hook set and broke the spell. I fished the next two hours without a bite. On the way back to the ramp, I got one on squarebill from the riprap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts