Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there.

Due to my e-mail ignorance and a forgotten password I have not posted any reports in a long time I have been keeping up though.
Fished L.B.L Lake (town lake) 12-23-09 with my brother in-law,
fished all the bridges and down the river channel. Started at 7:00am very slow bite ( 1 small bass and a huge perch)  until 2:00 pm. From 2:00 to 2:30 caught 6 good fish at S. 1st street bridge. 7.01lb was big fish. 5.0lb was next big fish to go along with 4 more good keepers. Used drop- shot rig on all fish. Shad shape worm. Had to drag the rig very slowly until fish bit. My bro-inlaw was skunked. Hated to see him get skunked( he was using same rig as me) but he still had a good time. Hit Congress bridge on the way back to the ramp at I35. No more bites.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was fishing out of skeeter alum. boat, 17ft. silver with green and maroon logo. looks and is just like a G-4 boat. Skeeter quit putting their name on them after about 1999. Fished today, 12-26. caught about 12 fish. Lost count. most were good guads. 2 good largemouth. 4 lb. and 3 lb. a few other keeper size .  Fished slow, drop- shot and jig [smiley=cool.gif]

· Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah I saw that skeeter out there I was out running with my boxer puppy I live right there on Town lake and need to get out more often so if you ever need someone to get out with let me know I live in the 360 Condo's... I also saw you hook into a few while I was at teh dog park

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure on the weight, 3/16 I think. I try to go as light as possible on weight. 1/0 drop shot hook.
Flukes and super flukes will work as well as any small worm. Sometimes just gotta drop it right in
front of them to get a bite or other times just get your bait down there. [smiley=cool.gif]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.