Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went fishing! It was great!
Right shoulder starting to ache from playing golf every day for 2yrs, so reluctantly went fishing instead. I gotta do SOMETHING with all this free time, right?
Launched my @zz to the right of Russell ramp at 6:15am and started throwing the famed Topwater...

...those spinner trebles are worth every dime. yeah, a bit pricey, but worth the 25 dimes each!
within 15min had 3 blowups, landing a one-pounder. lots of top activity just out of range, as usual. i left that spot and started working my way around the swimbeach to my super hot spot around the corner, but by then the sun had broken through and the top bite had moved out to the center areas. still, it was fun seeing what used to be underwater, and was now 6-8ft above, as the lake levels are down. kinda wierd trying to orient myself when buoys are sitting out of the water.
20201110_070415.jpg

i saw a rainbow. it was pretty.
20201110_074324.jpg

somebody wanted to make sure i found some eyewear...
20201110_074436.jpg

you know, not a single boat came by from 615-815. man, you coulda really slayed em on top from a boat today...

decided to hit cedar, and found something you dont see every day...
20201110_084809.jpg

an urn for somebody's ashes, and some flowers next to it. i decided to leave it there, despite being a lot closer to needing it for me. i am old, ya know. and if ever, or whenever, my ashes get scattered, i want 'em thrown to the breeze around the corner from swimbeach. and make sure you know which way the breeze is blowing!

might go again tomorrow! early! like when the gate opens at 6!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah...swimbeach pkg lot is closed, so ya have to park at russell and work your way around. craptastic.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome back Bill. Missed your reports and collection of items found. At least no aircraft crashed near you this time. And Jeremy is correct - you will be a top selling top water when you are called home.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL
golf has been wearing me out...fishing started calling back...what a great feeling being in the quiet of nature, anticipating the strike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts