Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to get out on the lake. Took the yak across to Lick Creek at sunrise and began working the channel in about 15' of water. Drop shots, senko and flukes produced a few light taps (never calling them brim again after Jeremy's display) but nothing on the line. Switched to a black/blue chatter bait with trailer and got a 2lber on the second cast. Worked the channel again and boated 3 more about the same size. Went back out and worked the bridge. Got one really nice something on a drop shot but never got it up to see before it broke my line against the pilings. Back to shore and off to church at 9:45. Keep your lines tight and have a blessed day.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Nice report BA. I really want to get Travis into my rotation. Twenty bucks to launch at Jones Bros. is twice what other lakes cost. So many lakes are free or five bucks (per person). I need to do more research.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. We used to launch at the Narrows because it was free but now they are collecting there as well. If we didn't live on the Pedernales across from Lick Creek I am not sure I would fish Travis much at all. And with the water so low we can only launch yaks right now as it is. I am not sure how much a annual park pass from LCRA or Travis County is but that might make the price more reasonable if you used it enough.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question my friend. I think I need to check since 62 is coming up fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts