Bass Fishing Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
That girls been eaten goooood! I can sympythize on the record and weighing the fish. Several states have laws that prohibit someone from transporting game fish doesn't matter where to. I lost a lake record smallie in Colorado for the same reason. The irony of it all was that I had to take it to a DOW office to weigh it, had I put it in the livewell they would've fined me $1,500.00 to bring it to them alive. Didn't do it.
Great catch, bet you were shaking after you got her in the net.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
18323F2A372C31302D5E0 said:
That girls been eaten goooood!  I can sympythize on the record and weighing the fish.  Several states have laws that prohibit someone from transporting game fish doesn't matter where to.  I lost a lake record smallie in Colorado for the same reason.  The irony of it all was that I had to take it to a DOW office to weigh it, had I put it in the livewell they would've fined me $1,500.00 to bring it to them alive.  Didn't do it.
Great catch, bet you were shaking after you got her in the net.
He could have kept this fish because on Georgetown you can keep one over 21" but from my understanding he did not want to take the chance of killing the fish. If he would have kept this fish, He would not have got in trouble at all.

Is my understanding right?

Chris

81 - 85 of 85 Posts