Bass Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
As previously mentioned, beautiful fish. Congratulations! I would just like to commend you for doing the right thing. Makes me proud to know that you put the fish first, and that so many others support you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Brian,
Sincere congratulations and sincere sorrow in not being able to validate a lake record. You did the right thing, and you will be rewarded. I propose the ABF Court proclaims you the Big Bass for Lake Georgetown. I am sure all will agree.

I hope some of this will rub off from my backseat one day soon.

Congratulations, Rodney

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great fish story.  Better ending.

I am glad to hear the lake record from Georgetown did not meet the same fate as the record from Stillhouse.

You did the right thing. Record or not. Good call.

BIG_UN

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
As many have said, Way to go Brian!

You really did do the right thing. G-Town really needs that fish alive and healthy in the lake.

More people have read this post than will look at the TPWD G-town records in a couple years.

Nice Fish, The record is yours!

EA

·
Registered
247 Posts
Great fish!! Times are sure different. Remember the world record largemouth was took home and had for supper! Glad that old girl is still in Lake Georgetown instead of Lake Crisco.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have been away hunting all weekend and didnt get a chance to chime in here. WHOA, SWEET FISH MAN!

This has taught me a lesson about fish conservation and the TPW: If I ever get a fish that huge this time of year and I find out it is gonna be a record, I will call them and say that I think I have a share a lunker fish, although I know exactly how much it weighs.

This way when they come out and weigh it and scratch their heads and say "this isnt even close," I will say "whoops! well how bout that lake record?!"

awesome that you let her go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is awesome that you gave up the record to save the fish. I just can't believe they wanted you to take it to HEB. What were you going to do , weigh in the produce or meat departments. I'm sure those are checked regulary so that we are not over charged. Nice job :)

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Brian,
The next you want to go to Georgetown...let me know and I will rent one of these...to throw your lake record bass into.. ;D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Brian, That is a [email protected]@ of a nice pigs pig. Sorry you were not able to get it on a certified scale, but it was good to hear you realeased her rather then kill for a certified weight.....
We all know who now holds the record for Georgetown...
Man that is such a good looking fish,, Who would of thunk Georgetown.

Congrats Brian,
Emmett

·
Registered
499 Posts
Congrats Brian on a nice hawg.

Surely TPWD didn't say kill the fish, just to bring it to HEB and weigh it on their certified scales. I did just that with a Guadalupe bass over 2lbs on LBJ this year. Someone told me the record was almost 3lbs until after I got home and realized it was only .88. Just another record not logged on the books. Oh well.

Another way to do it is to weigh the fish on a scale you  believe to be true and then send in the scale with the fish's measurements and the sig of a witness and they will certify the scale and give you the record. You must also weigh on dry land though.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts