Bass Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
rr_procraft, you have spent many days on Lake GT and provided a lot of good information to everyone who fishes GT. You have shared locations, lure information and techniques with all of us. I am very happy to see that you are the one that caught that fish, you deserved it.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Eventually all of us have the opportunity to LAND a TOAD....Believe me...I have had my opportunity. However, this NET topic has been brought up before... ;D ;D

I did not have one on my boat today with Andy (Airfob)...I guess I testing my "Lipping" technique. (However, not today!)

Congrats again Brian for giving others to catch that bass....I will be e-mailing everyone the GPS Coordinates. ;D ;D ;D

Robert

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Beautiful fish! :eek: Looks bigger than 11.1, congrats!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Very nice fish you have there :eek:
You did the right thing releasing her.
Stay on TPW, it would be cool to hold a record. ;)
Debbie V

·
Registered
18 Posts
Brian, I've been lurking on this forum for a while.....Joined today finally! Can't resist after that pig.

I'd like to personally thank Brian for everything that he has shown me about fishing G-Town. I agree that he has earned this fish ten fold.

It was an honor to net the fish, certainly the biggest bass I have ever seen. Congratulations again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow, I would never have guessed that G'town held a fish like that. Congrats on catching that! At the very least you could put in for the Big Fish award or the Outstanding Angler award.  It would be fun to have something to put on the wall next to the replica, even if it isn't the "official" lake record. :cool:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Awesome catch! Good call on the release. Very impressed. I thought my buds were pulling my leg when I heard. Congrats!!!! Get that scale certified! I'm pulling for ya!
I may have to fish Georgetown this weekend.
Dead Sea? Who ever made that remark must not have been trying. The fishing is almost always good on Georgtown. Keep it up.

·
Banned
1,799 Posts
Congrats on an excellent catch!!!!

I agree with others regarding retiring that lure and keep it with the mount.

Ed has a very good point, if you had a witness, get your scale verified with certified scales (Steve magnelia can help with this as he has the weights for certifications) and then wioth pics submit your request.

As far as TPWD response on taking a fish to HEB is way opff.

A few years back a lake record aw caught on Belton. They took the fish to HEB and butcher shops and none of the stores wold weigh the fish on their scales due to cross contamination.

There is a place in RR that has certified scales and in the list of scales on teh TPWED site. THis scale was HUGE and used for weighing rocks, stones, boulders, dirt, etc... However once we placed the fish on teh scale she weighed 13lbs.

Unfortunately when having to do this the fish at that size cannot handle the stress thus increases the risk of death. As you pointed out, these guys were frustrated as well because most peeps hate to see a fish of that size die.

IT is unfortunate that there are not other locations that can provide certified scales via TPWD for events like this.

I say get your scale verified, fill out the form with a witness, and submit the paper work. I bet it will fly as the Belton and Stillhouse lake record were not seen by any TPWD representative. Pics, measurements, and a witness seems to be enough to claim your fame.

Once again congrats!

kp

G

·
0 Posts
WoW! Awesome fish Brian!!!! WoW!

Looks like she was pretty deep for a while by her color! :eek:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

41 - 60 of 85 Posts