Bass Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Miles!! Whats up in So Cal brother! Awesome fish-didn't switch out the hooks, straight off the shelf. Did break one of the hooks off on this fish so i will have to replace the hook now ;) Brian

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is your favorite time of year ;)
If there's a spoon bite you're always are on'em. Must be from grow'n up in So.Cal.

What lb. test?

Miles

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lake Wholford brother!!!! You know the drill. So Cal born and trained. 15 lb p-line flouroclear on the new to me curado i got from JR Roberts! JR i think i owe you a beer!! Brian

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
On a personal note i want to thank Ben and Wes from sportsmans wherehouse for the time-livewell and phone calls they made on my behalf. If your in sportsmans give these guys a pat on the back for takin time out of their morning and fishing to give me a chance on the record. Brian

·
Registered
380 Posts
No words to describe this fish and the story that goes along with it. Great job Brian and I am glad the spoon works for other species! Thanks for sharing the photos and thanks for doing the right thing and putting her back in. Your buds will always know you ARE the record holder now!!! ;D

Brooks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great Job! You did the right thing and because of you the future of Lake Georgetown just got alot brighter. Thanks for being such a great sportsman.

Matt :cool:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Fantastic fish, I recognize that spot and have fished it many times. A replica is definately in order, and maybe a new boat with a bigger live well! (That would be my reasoning with the wife anyway!)

Glad she's back in the water, and some have said there were no fish in that lake!

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
BG,

Great fish man!  That thing would put you back in the cath-lab, not as the lead but more like a patient.  Bet your heart stopped a few beats then raced out of your chest when you finally got it captured.  

Congrats.  Definitely replica worthy.  I agree with FishGod.  That lure needs to be retired and put on display with the replica.

Well Done my friend well done!

Rude

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
WOW :eek: :D, what a fish. Fat and healthy, congratulations on a great catch. Thanks for realeasing that fish to fight another day.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Great fish!  The best way to transport a fish for weighing at a grocery store is in an ice chest.  A battery operated aerator makes it a portable live well.  A little Please Release Me and you're good to go.

Did you have witnesses to the weight?  You might be able to get your hand held scale certified.  I know they will certify Boga grips.  Here is a statement from TPWD on the subject:

Certified scales (electronic or spring type) have been certified as accurate by the Texas Department of Agriculture, the International Game Fish Association (IGFA), or an independent scales calibration company. Certified hand-held scales may be used for verifying the weight of your catch if the weighing is observed by an independent witness. If a scale is certifiable but does not have an up-to-date certification, an angler may submit proof that the scale was certified within 30 days after the weigh date.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes i do have witnesses to the fish and the scale!!! 2 employees of sportmans wherehouse kept the fish in their livewell prior to release for 45 mins! Need to get in touch w/ TPWD to check out my scale---let the chips fall where they may!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian :D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Oh My Gosh, that's a fat fish, Jukebox told me about that fish today while I was on the water, Had to check it out...

Congrats on the fish.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Congrats again Brian, what a freakin pig!

Awesome pics as well, hope you got some measurements cuz I'd mount that thing faster than a meth'd out teener from Tenners!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks to everyone for the shout outs!! Definetly a fish of a lifetime. Gonna work Ed's angle through TPWD and see if i have a chance. You never know, an ABF fish for the record books!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D Brian

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Also-- I haven't mentioned the fact that Matt Stone, my boss and fellow angler on ABF not only witnessed me stick this pig, but fight it all the way through and was the one who put the net on it as i didn't have a net of my own. "ask Robert about my lack of a net" Matt, good job on the net,-- he got it on the first pass!!! Brian

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bob Crupi caught a fish in California that weighed 22.01 several years ago on a live crawfish--- he was told he would have to wait for two California State Biologists to examine the fish before they would certify his catch as the new State record which involved a long ( several hour ) wait. Bob could tell this monster bass was becoming very stressed so he chose to ease back out to the lake and release her, Record be damned. So don't worry about it . You did the right thing and we all respect your decision more than if your name was written somewhere for a while {cause as soon as an 11.50} is caught out of Georgetown your name will be gone from the record book anyway... Simply put a stupid record somewhere is not worth killing an 11 plus pound Largemouth. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome fish! You did the right thing! Thanks so much for giving some other fisherman the opportunity to catch her.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts