Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys and girls here is the story!  Went to g-town this morning and slammed an 11.1 on the first drop accross from cedar breaks ramp!!  Fishing a cabelas real image spoon 1-oz, the same one Robert and i were using out on Buc.  After a 5 minute battle w/ this huge fish i put it in the net and weiged it on my digital scale.  "11.1"  Proceeded to call Wes and his friend that work @ sportmans cause the fish wouldnt fit in my livewell.  They came over in the basscat and put her in.  after 45 minutes of phone calls to TPWD and the park rangers i was told to take the fish to HEB and have it certified.  In other words "KILL THE FISH!!!!!!!!!"  It absolutely stuns me to know they dont have a contingency for this kind of thing.  So rather than kill the fish i took pictures and released her, giving up my record for the fish.  I don't think anyone on this forum can blame me.  I'm so pissed about this i could scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The old record is 10.6.  Any help is appreciated.  Brian

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow that is a hell of a fish. I cant believe TPWL wanted you to kill this fish for a weight conformation. You should find out who told you to do that and have him written up for being to lazy to come out and weigh the fish himself.
Either way a noble and well done job!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great job!!! What an exciting day on the lake. You will definitely remember that day for the rest of your life. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Wow what a fish. Congrats to you on the catch. That is a shame that TPWD weren't on top of their game.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thats sure is a HAWG, sorry about the record, I hope you got measurements, that girl will make a hell of a mount (replica).

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
What a TOAD :eek: :D :eek:

You are a true sportsman that did the right thing in letting the fish go ;)

TPWD should really take a look into thier procedure's. What a shame :mad:

Jim

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Sorry to hear about the robbery....come to Academy tonight and I will hand you a beer to calm the nerves.... ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Fish ! Nice to see you have the Integrity to realize that Picture ( and memory ) is more important than a line in a record book. Who knows you may catch her again in Feb. and have access to a certified scale and/or a share-a-lunker program. I, for one, am proud for you, Great job !

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats on stick'n a hawg.
ON A SPOON!!! That's awsome.
You did the right thing by letting her live. I hope you got measurments cause that fish deserves a replica.

Miles

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Congrats on your BIG TOAD...I was wondering where that spoon went to...I have the empty package  ;D ;D...

Actually thank BIV1(Brooks) for his suggestion on Lake Buchanan!

Great job...I knew it could work on big bass, too...it has in the past!

Robert

Picture of Cabela's RealImage® Jig-N-Spoons in 1oz....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mark, you are right and i know that. Just venting man!! Dont have the right equipment for what you said to do. Sucks for me! Brian

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Releasing that HAWG was something only a real man would do. Records are eventually broken but you'll always remember this. I'd like to hope if it happened to me I'd do the same thing. Nice fish!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts