Bass Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I poured some swimbaits yesterday and decided to do a field test today. They are hand poured in open molds. They are the 3.3" size. So decided to fish only those today instead of my usual 2.8 Keitechs. Seems like every time I go fishing lately it's a brutal post front bluest bird day. Got my usual late start at around 10:30. On my second cast a decent fish slammed the bait hard and caught a decent smallmouth. The fish were biting and I caught five in the first 30 minutes. The first color I tried was Live Green. I came up with that color and named it about 30 years ago. It was the best color today. The bite slowed but I kept catching one here and there. Then I started getting the nips and grabs. After about six in a row I rigged up a pearl one with the paddle cut off and got bit right away. Caught the two in the photos on that. Nothing to write home about but good for me. That smallmouth was sooo strong! Had 12 when I stopped for lunch at around 1:10. I caught #13 right after lunch but only caught two more by the time I quit at 3:45. Clicked 15 on the day, all smallmouth but three. Saw the little fox on the dam. Not sure what kind. Water was 71º-72º.
Sky Fisherman Fish Boat Recreational fishing

Water Sky Fish Fin Outdoor recreation

Water Bedrock Formation Outcrop Fluvial landforms of streams

Natural material Soil Wood Invertebrate Animal product

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the live green's on top. It's salted plastic, a bit of small blue flake and small copper flake and a bit of larger black flake and a drop of chartreuse dye. It retains light and kind of glows. Fish love it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
sounds like a fun day! gray foxes have a black tipped tail and red foxes have a white tipped tail. Redd Foxx had a tv show named Sanford and Son. Samantha Fox was an 80s pop singer. Michael J Fox is best known for Back to the Future, but he got his big break on Family Ties....that's it. that's all the foxes i can think of for now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first photo is an open mold. The melted plastic (around 350º) is poured into the individual cavities. I use a pouring pan. I melt the plastic on a worm table I made. The vast majority of hobby plastic lure makers use injection molds and heat the plastic in a microwave.

I use 10lb braid with a 10 lb fluorocarbon leader most of the time. I use a 3/16 oz jig head like the one shown most of the time for a steady retrieve for both the 2.8 and 3.3. I use a 1/8 oz head when fishing a small fluke or Baby Z too.
Rectangle Font Quill Fashion accessory Tool

Wood Hat Gas Cookware and bakeware Serveware

Font Rectangle Circle Parallel Kitchen utensil

Cylinder Font Rectangle Office supplies Auto part

Insect Larva Organism Caterpillar Scaled reptile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts