Bass Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched the yak from Austin High ramp at 3:40pm, water stained, temperature 60deg, light breeze. Dropped in the FishHunter 3D and headed east. on the south bank. The south bank was shady and the trees covered with large bird pooping all over the water so it was a bit like frogger. No luck on jig, drop shot, keitech or lipless crank. Only saw handful of fish on my phone, but I am new to the fish finder. Did learn that in general I fishing in 8-13 feet of water and the bottom is featureless except for a few laydowns. Paddled a bit into Barton Creek, light stain there but no action. Switched to a big TRD on weedless Ned head and bluegill color roboworm on the drop shot and picked up 2 fish on the sunny north bank. The pic is of the smaller fish, but better picture. I was glad to have the Fishhunter 3D, but it did drain my phone battery dramatically. Also, it did not really help find fish, was mostly still throwing at letdowns and under over hangs. Off at 5:40.

JT

·
Registered
439 Posts
Great report JT. I was wondering how badly those things would drain my phone as well. I think I might try to add a phone charger outlet to my yak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts