big swimbaits
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By basstrack
  • 1 Post By langlowe9
  • 1 Post By Longhorn314

Thread: big swimbaits

big swimbaits

I got an 8in huddleston (ROF 12)and a baitsanity 8in glidebait (superslow sink). Im excited to target LARGE fish with this technique. im setup with heavy rod and 60lb braid a reel that will get the job done. Any advice for big swimbait fishing? i know the winter time is the time to get those deep BIG bites. let me know your 2 cents on the matter!

Thanks!

Patience and don’t give up. Good luck!
    flykast likes this.
    "There is only one thing wrong with a fishing day--its staggering brevity. If a man spent all his days fishing, life would seem to be a swift dream." Zane Grey

You might want to rethink the braid choice. Those are big baits and braid doesn't do well with hard shocks. Think about a backlash on a long hard cast. That big swimbait might keep sailing. I have seen many $300 Romans go flying to never be seen again.

An alternative would be 25-30lb mono or copolymer. More forgiving and with treble hooks a hard hookset isn't required.
    flykast likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

You can find a wealth of information on tacticalbassin.com about fishing the Hud. Good videos on all bass fishing topics. They typically use heavy braid with a mono or fluoro leader.
    flykast likes this.

thanks for the info. I will setup a mono leader, i have been casting just fine but id hate to lose these lures. I love tactical bassin and love their content, they have given me a plethora of tips and info. Im looking for local input, and texas angling input. I appreciate all the replies!

Sponsored Links