Help getting to (and fishing) Georgetown
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help getting to (and fishing) Georgetown

Help getting to (and fishing) Georgetown

Hey guys,

I plan to fish Georgetown tonight for the first time. I'm waiting to hear from SkeeterLance, but in case he doesn't call I'd like someone to give me directions to get there. I've looked at satellite maps, but it's not very clear exactly where I can launch from. I'll be coming from Round Rock, and if I can get an address to put into the GPS that would make life much simpler.

Also I figure I should make sure Georgetown doesn't close at a particular time like Decker does.

Last but not least, any fishing tips would be greatly appreciated. I've already checked out the fishing reports forum.

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by NJDevil; 07-20-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    -----
    Maelstrom
    a.k.a. NJDevil

It's been a while, but if you take hwy 29 west off 35 over to D B Woods, turn north, up to Cedar Break Park rd, turn west again and it'll take you right to the ramp.

As far as fishing tips, your guess is as good as mine. I would try top water, jerk baits. Maybe some senkos around the wood or grass if you can find it. Possibly even a T-rig worm. Good luck

Google maps show all of the parks at GT pretty clearly. I usually go out of cedar breaks. Enjoy!
    Toads for breakfast=> lunch and dinner!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
    Google maps show all of the parks at GT pretty clearly. I usually go out of cedar breaks. Enjoy!
    Yeah I can see the parks just fine, but without looking them all up and/or making some phone calls I have no idea which are public, which require a launch fee, which have gates that are locked at night, etc. Keep in mind I just moved here. The idea that lakes are closed for the night is ludicrous to me. And last Sunday I went to Decker and was told to piss off since the lake was closed.

Imagine... a lake... closed...
    -----
    Maelstrom
    a.k.a. NJDevil

Relax there devil. I don't think that Cedar Break closes at night. There is a campground there along with a boat ramp. Now maybe the picnic area might close , but I've never seen a locked gate even when the lake was real low and the ramp was out of the water. I think you should be fine.

Fishing is supposed to be fun. You sound all pissed off and you haven't even left the house yet

Calm down,take your time, and the fish will be there when you get there

Yup, part of the fun of moving to a new place is driving around and getting lost and enjoying all of the scenery 'till you've found the place you're searching for, and perhaps a little bit of yourself, also, within the whole process...

FWIW, georgetown isn't exactly a lake people rush to, either. It's more a place people settle for only when they get so exhausted from battling the wakeboats and relentless pounding of the waves on lake austin, one of those places which usually geeks people out so much they typically can't sleep the whole week if they've got a trip planned...
    DesertWitch likes this.
    Toads for breakfast=> lunch and dinner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poacher View Post
    Relax there devil. I don't think that Cedar Break closes at night. There is a campground there along with a boat ramp. Now maybe the picnic area might close , but I've never seen a locked gate even when the lake was real low and the ramp was out of the water. I think you should be fine.

Fishing is supposed to be fun. You sound all pissed off and you haven't even left the house yet

Calm down,take your time, and the fish will be there when you get there
    Nah, I'm not worked up. I was just being a smart-ass. It's hard to convey that through text tho. I definitely think it's stupid to close a public lake on a Sunday morning, but I'm not gonna waste my time being all angry about it.

Also, I'm all for learning new places. I really enjoy driving around aimlessly and seeing what I stumble across. I just don't want to be doing that when I'm hauling my boat. Hehe.
    -----
    Maelstrom
    a.k.a. NJDevil

I think you should bury your face in the graphs, find the brush piles and ledges in the deeper water. Ive had the best luck with a C-rig. Thats also in the evening. Have never night fished G-Town.
    There are only two types of bass boats. Thats a BassCat and a Non-BassCat.

Opens at 6a. The gates do close. What time, don't know.

But they do have 24hr exits.

1. Google "Lake Georgetown Parks Texas"

2. Click first link

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links