Good Floro?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Floro?

Good Floro?

Anyone recommend a good floro to use?I have been using 12lb big game in green for my leaders,and I think that may have something to do with my result at town. Think the only thing I have seen at academy is vanish and I have heard good and bad things about it. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Good Floro?

Go to Cabelas and get you some 100% Fluro Pline...great stuff, but about 18 bucks a spool...

i use the vanish for my liters. i think if your just using it [ftp][/ftp]fo a liter its great

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

so cabelas is the closest place with a decent selection? Wanted to stay away from there,the 18 bucks doesnt bother me,its the couple hundred I spend on stuff i dont need . Jwaff,you dont have any problems with breaks and what not?One of the things I read was that it would stress easily.

I really do not see a need for 100% fluoro for the lakes in this area. *Stay away from the Vanish, that line is garbage,*I would not tie my shoes with it. *I'd go with a copolymer like Gamma or PLine, you can find those at most Academys. *For jigs and worms I use Power Pro with a fluoro leader (buy the 30yd spool of Pline CFX fluoro).

Depending on where you live, Sportsmans Warehouse has a good selection of stuff and is cheaper than Cabela's. *By the way, can anyone still spell correctly these days?

Rex

C-O-R-R-E-C-T-L-Y

ha!

I tried it. ONCE. Ya, concur with the FOBster. And aptly named. "Vanish" is what the fish does after he breaks the line.

I use 20lb. Trilene Big Game or 30lb. Stren braid, in green.
    I don't have the nerve to fish anything less.

Thanks for the input guys. And where is sportmans,is it in northcross?I know where sports authority is,but not that one,about to google it,anyways. Right now I have 30lb spiderwire on my BC reels and the 12 lb big game on the spinning reels. I don't really want to switch from braid,it floats on the water and you can notice the smallest hits,helps me keep good contact with the bait.Just need something for a leader I fish town lake 80% of the time,and visit traivs,austin,decker the rest of the time.Anyways,thanks again for the ideas,i'll head out in a min to pick some up.One of my last excuses why I dont catch fish,lol after I change this only thing left to do is blame the fish! haha

Sportsmans Warehouse is in Round Rock, If you are going north on 35 exit Louis Henna. Take a right as soon as you exit into the shopping center. There is a Best Buy right there and a Target as well. Great place, with good prices and a really knowledgeable staff.

So right there by sports authority,or is the the same place? I know where that is,lol from me Cabelas and that place are about the same distance,I live in Oak Hill.Thanks for the dir. jukebox.

P=line pure floro is great. Very pricey, but worth it.

EA

You get what you pay for..... Vanish does suck however.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links