Good Floro? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Good Floro?

Re: Good Floro?

I have used tripple fish 6# and P-line 20#. Both worked fine for their applications - obviously one is for heavier cover than the other. I just got the p-line leader at sportsmans - its enough to last a while for leaders. But you will probably spend the same at sportsmans as you would at Cabelas if not more. It is my fav. tackle shop so far.

The sports authority that you are talking about is actually at Techridge next to Kohls and Home Depot. But yeah there is a Best Buy and a Target there too. (I work at that Best Buy) Louis Henna is four exits north of there, its actually in round rock. Sportsmans Warehouse is way cheaper than Cabelas, I just shopped them both in two days and Sportsmans seems about 20-25% cheaper.

i havn't have any trouble with the vanish. i have use most of the line on the racks in the 10 to 15# range and they all break. i retie after all big fish and after a few keepers and have no problems.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the heads up,didn't get a chance to run out to any stores today,bowling time snuck up on me,but I might head out there tom before i go watch the fights.

I also agree with Pline floro. I have been using it for about a year with few complaints. You can buy smaller test than you think because it has a breaking point that is stronger than the "test" listed. I also vote for Sportsman as a great source for most all of your fishing needs. It has great selection and nevers seems to be so busy that you feel like you are in a mall. By the way one tip if you spool-up with Pline don't ever over reel a backlash(professional overrun) it does make a weak spot that will break easier than most mono. line.

Quote Originally Posted by JWAFFORD
    i havn't have any trouble with the vanish. i have use most of the line on the racks *in the 10 to 15# range and they all break. i retie after all big fish and after a few keepers and have no problems.
    I agree, all lines break at any given time and there are also bad batches of line so trying only one spool of a certain line should not be a determining factor. However, I went through 4 spools of Vanish within a 6 month timeframe with the same disappointments. In my experience it is very unforgiving when tying knots, especially in the 17 and 20 lb lines. Also, I found myself re tying way too often while using Vanish. I think if I had a choice between the Vanish or Original blue Stren I would actually pick the Stren

I like Rexter's comment the best, should be their new motto.

Super Moderator

I've had good luck so far with Vanish floro. *I would choose Pline floro if Academy carried it. *I like using pure floro not floro coated. *In case anyone is interested, Academy has Vanish floro on sale for $10 (normally $15) spool. *I hope I don't eat my words this weekend and lose a big fish on LA due to Vanish floro *:-/

I should note I normally use 12# Vanish floro. Have had good success with it on LA.

Administrator

I think if I had a choice between the Vanish or Original blue Stren I would actually pick the StrenDon't be dogging the blue stren....you will piss off the big guy and he will curse your fishing

17lb clear blue stren is my line of choice, I swear by it. I used to use 12lb stren but when I lived in Huntsville and fished Lake Raven it got broken too many times and I had to upgrade. ;D

P-Line $6 Rebate

I wish I had seen this thread on all the complaints of Vanish since I picked up a spool yesterday.

I found a rebate on P-Line that some of you may be interested in.

http://www.p-line.com/specials/P-Line_Rebate.pdf

Scott

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links