Kayak Seat
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeremy

Thread: Kayak Seat

Kayak Seat

I noticed the rental concession at Pflugerville had a modified Ascend kayak with a boat seat mounted to it. I thought that I should do the same to my "wet-butt" kayak. I fabbed up some brackets and used a spare Pond Prowler seat.

I took it out for sea trials this morning at the Catch & Release Pond. I was worried about raising the center of gravity and making the yak unstable. In case of a "turtle", I brought one jabroni rig and some Cane Sticks.

I fished from 8 AM to 9AM very stable and very comfortable. I caught two bass on three bites. I loaded out and took the family to the car show in Taylor.
    IMG_20191026_140917710_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191026_090437600.jpg
    MrTexasFreedom likes this.

Good job, and glad you understood about the center of gravity issue. Glad you are getting into another method of catching fish, and really glad you got your butt out of the water!

Quote Originally Posted by welderdude View Post
    Good job, and glad you understood about the center of gravity issue. Glad you are getting into another method of catching fish, and really glad you got your butt out of the water!
    I think it is still maneuverable enough for river fishing. "Wet-butt" is fine in the summer, but a little uncomfortable in winter clothes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Nice rigging, J-man! I don't catch any at the C&R when the water has that stained, coffee color. Noticed the upper pond had dried up.

Looks like a terrific modification. Wondering if you need longer paddle now....

Nice one

Sponsored Links