New to Austin Area
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AggieBassin

Thread: New to Austin Area

New to Austin Area

Good morning guys! Just joined up and introducing myself. Grew up south of Houston on the coast, did a lot of saltwater fishing and some bass fishing but really getting into bass fishing now. Moved to Cedar Park two years ago but just starting to fish the area this summer. Picked up a Bonafide SS127 this past weekend and took it out to Brushy Creek. Slow day of fishing and only caught one but it was a nice 4 pounder using a Bandito Bug up against a stump close to the Parmer bridge. Looking forward to getting to know the area and learning how to kayak fish effectively. Looks like some great info on here!
    Jeremy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieBassin View Post
    Good morning guys! Just joined up and introducing myself. Grew up south of Houston on the coast, did a lot of saltwater fishing and some bass fishing but really getting into bass fishing now. Moved to Cedar Park two years ago but just starting to fish the area this summer. Picked up a Bonafide SS127 this past weekend and took it out to Brushy Creek. Slow day of fishing and only caught one but it was a nice 4 pounder using a Bandito Bug up against a stump close to the Parmer bridge. Looking forward to getting to know the area and learning how to kayak fish effectively. Looks like some great info on here!
    Congrats Aggie. I've lived in the area since '73 and also next to that lake on brushy creek but never tried it. i need to get my kayak out and give it try.
    watch out for water mocassins sunning in the trees over there. Kinda spooky.

when you were in Houston did you ever fish those St Augustine grass farms over north of Baytown. Had fun with that when I went to school.

Thanks for the heads up on the water moccasins, second person that has told me that about Brushy Creek. Will definitely keep an eye out.

Never heard of the grass farms there, most of the bass fishing we did down there was on two private lakes that my grandfather owned property on. Just recently did some fishing on some private lakes in Danbury and had a good time, caught around 10 total all between 2-3 pounds.

Let me know if you ever want to head out on Brushy Creek on the weekend, place seems to get a lot of pressure so the fish are a little picky but there are some nice ones in there. Caught a 5 pounder there about a month ago from the bank on a white chatter bait.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Ag. If you want to try something different take your kayak up out to Johnson City and fish the Pedernales around the Hwy 281 bridge.

Have been thinking about giving it a shot out there. We go out to Johnson City and Llano fairly regularly and have been curious if there is any good fishing out there but haven’t found much online about the area.

We have had some fun days out there. Not much is talked about on here about anything west of Lake Travis but there are some nice places to put a kayak in and fish.

Sponsored Links