Two Questions
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Two Questions

Two Questions

1. Does anyone use a home surveillance system? If so, brand, model and opinion.

2. Does anyone know of the website that compares lender mortgage rates? I remember seeing one float around before and I haven't been able to locate that site.
    Tenfo?

Do you mean a telescope to look into the neighbors windows? I think you might get into trouble doing that...
    bassn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrack View Post
    Do you mean a telescope to look into the neighbors windows? I think you might get into trouble doing that...
    Already have that setup. Just need to try to attempt to secure or detur mischievous activity at my place so myself, wife, son or visitors won't get injured in case the banana thiefs come back and want to have monkey sex in the house and leave baby batter on the floor or couch or something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Smith & Wesson, oh that's right, California has laws against protecting yourself.

For a simple, cheap surveillance system you can just use a computer and a webcam along with some free software. I have one watching the front door to my apartment using an old spare computer. The software I use is called YawCam and you can connect as many webcams as you like as long as you have enough usb ports.

It takes some setting up, but it's pretty cool. You can set it up to stream over the internet so you can view it from work or even a smart phone.

It has motion detection built into the software. You can set it up to email you a picture when it senses motion or take pictures or video and save them to your computer or upload to an ftp site.

If you are not good with computers, I wouldn't recommend it as it can be difficult to set up.

Also, the motion detection is sensitive and goes off when light shifts or changes due to clouds blocking the sun, etc.
    Last edited by hooked; 09-27-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    For a simple, cheap surveillance system you can just use a computer and a webcam along with some free software. I have one watching the front door to my apartment using an old spare computer. The software I use is called YawCam and you can connect as many webcams as you like as long as you have enough usb ports.

It takes some setting up, but it's pretty cool. You can set it up to stream over the internet so you can view it from work or even a smart phone.

It has motion detection built into the software. You can set it up to email you a picture when it senses motion or take pictures or video and save them to your computer or upload to an ftp site.

If you are not good with computers, I wouldn't recommend it as it can be difficult to set up.

Also, the motion detection is sensitive and goes off when light shifts or changes due to clouds blocking the sun, etc.
    Will the video upload to an ftp site as well or only still images? PM me with what you have and how you set it up if you don't mind. Cheap is good, but I would like effectiveness as well.
    Tenfo?

Quote Originally Posted by 1MOFISH View Post

2. Does anyone know of the website that compares lender mortgage rates? I remember seeing one float around before and I haven't been able to locate that site.
    Maybe bankrate.com or google.com/advisor/mortgages?

Quote Originally Posted by basstrack View Post
    Smith & Wesson, oh that's right, California has laws against protecting yourself.
    Actually, the popo said that if someone forcefully enters your home, and especially with the toddler in the house, shoot to kill. Just takes a little while to gain full ownership of a gun. 3 or 4 weeks for "background" check.
    Tenfo?

Quote Originally Posted by fishzan View Post
    Maybe bankrate.com or google.com/advisor/mortgages?
    Bankrate was it! Thanks fishzan.
    Tenfo?

get a dog
    lowbass likes this.
    sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links