What happened to ABF?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What happened to ABF?

What happened to ABF?

This website used to be so active with so many people. Where did everyone go and what's up with all these shitty spam posts???
    J-Hooked likes this.

Its been discussed before, but essentially when everyone had to change their passwords it resulted in many people just leaving the site.

The password issue also coincided with the Keep Austin Fishing Facebook group. I believe a ton of folks from here joined that group.

I like the forum contributions better because the topics can be in related containers, e.g. Black Bass Fishing reports, Inshore fishing reports, etc.

Still have folks positing and still have many lurkers from what I can see, but nothing like it used to be.
    J-Hooked and chrismunn like this.

Lol, I was on that Keep Austin Fishing page. FB in a whole is so fucking lame I had to delete it. Nothing worse than having to listen to peoples un-solicited political views on every fucking page every second of every day...

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

I actually thought everyone went over to the TTZ forum but nobody's there either. Must be FB

A lot of the action in the old days was based on the LA Wednesday Jackpot, and the drunk-frat-party interaction between a half dozen or so guys that was entertaining to the max. When the carp debacle started, and guys got married, or changed jobs and moved, etc. the festivities here stopped. Then the site got sold. The rest we all know.

I hang out mostly on TFF, it's not all about Fork and Sam Rayburn. There's some Austin/Travis/Fayette/Decker fishermen there, and generally good discussions about rods/reels/boats. If you're interested in buying stuff, BassBoatCentral has a pretty active For Sale section.
    J-Hooked and MrTexasFreedom like this.
    Whoever said "the pen is mightier than the sword" has obviously never been stabbed.

This used to be an amazing site for sharing info, tips, and humor. I left a few years ago because things just became uninteresting and political. I still receive "trending posts" from ABF but it's not like it was a few years ago. I miss it.
    J-Hooked and MrTexasFreedom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Steiner View Post
    A lot of the action in the old days was based on the LA Wednesday Jackpot, and the drunk-frat-party interaction between a half dozen or so guys that was entertaining to the max. When the carp debacle started, and guys got married, or changed jobs and moved, etc. the festivities here stopped. Then the site got sold. The rest we all know.

I hang out mostly on TFF, it's not all about Fork and Sam Rayburn. There's some Austin/Travis/Fayette/Decker fishermen there, and generally good discussions about rods/reels/boats. If you're interested in buying stuff, BassBoatCentral has a pretty active For Sale section.
    I wonder how many hits we'd get if we started a thread on TFF subject - Austin/Travis/Fayette/Decker fishermen?

I was just thinking to myself "this site has just gone completely silent." I love the forum format and I got so much information from this site when I first started fishing. I want to give back. I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to post more often, especially when new people introduce themselves.
    MrTexasFreedom and BORTX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stcow1 View Post
    I love the forum format and I got so much information from this site when I first started fishing. I want to give back. I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to post more often, especially when new people introduce themselves.
    I'm right there with you. Loved the site five years back. Was such a vibrant community. I wonder if enthusiasm died out when the grass carp decimated the hydrilla in Lake Austin....

Seems like the current owner of the site is asleep at the wheel in regards to deleting spam. Sad.

mtf

Quote Originally Posted by MrTexasFreedom View Post
    I'm right there with you. Loved the site five years back. Was such a vibrant community. I wonder if enthusiasm died out when the grass carp decimated the hydrilla in Lake Austin....

Seems like the current owner of the site is asleep at the wheel in regards to deleting spam. Sad.

mtf
    I think the spam is what turned me off a year or so ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links