***Austin BOAT SHOW*** 1-7 through 1-10-16 - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: ***Austin BOAT SHOW*** 1-7 through 1-10-16

Quote Originally Posted by z520c View Post
    Sound like the person standing next to me when at the display (2 key waypoint access). I have dual Lowrance HDS-12s. Was impressed, but not enough to warrant a change.

z
    ...and Garmin isn't alone in this. It seems that interface designers the last few years have gone for sleek looks over quick functionality. IMO, any change that forces users to do additional (key presses, mouse clicks, gestures) is _BAD_.

I liked the panoptix features. Like using the direction of the trolling motor is facing to scan water out in front of the boat. I'd like to see what that looks like when you point it at a dock and scan underneath them. Or being able quickly scan a 3d image of brush piles out in front of you while keeping your distance and not spooking those fish. I also liked how fast their gps refreshes for pinpoint accuracy of your boat location. And I liked the quality of down sonar, you could see the line flex when a guy dropped a jig on a fish and caught it. It was like watching a movie, crazy.
    J-Hooked and NjTexan like this.

Pro Staff:

Brian Booker likes this.

Pro Staff:

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by long_shot View Post
    The austin boat show used to only have ski boats and garbage mini yachts. Any bass boats is a step up from the old days.
    Ohhh did not know that man thanks, it was first boat show ever so I was surprised to only see that few in such a big place. It was still a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by austinjohn View Post
    I liked the panoptix features. Like using the direction of the trolling motor is facing to scan water out in front of the boat. I'd like to see what that looks like when you point it at a dock and scan underneath them. Or being able quickly scan a 3d image of brush piles out in front of you while keeping your distance and not spooking those fish. I also liked how fast their gps refreshes for pinpoint accuracy of your boat location. And I liked the quality of down sonar, you could see the line flex when a guy dropped a jig on a fish and caught it. It was like watching a movie, crazy.

Garmin has always been on the forefront of the electronics market, and for good reason. They've traditionally catered to the salt guys but I'm glad to see they are marketing some new products for us bass fisherman. They have some new products that are really going to shake the market up!
    Brian Booker likes this.
    "Shit is not like it once was"- AggieGreg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links