New Skeeter Boats in 2015 - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: New Skeeter Boats in 2015

Supporting Vendor
    not trying to be sarcastic.I like skeeters as much as the next boat,I see some of the nicest ones in Central Texas come through the shop with regularity.they are very nice, however I don't see how you can take 40,000 off the price of the boat.that price Delta could buy a nice rig

How fast is the one with the 250 compared to the fancy one Andy is running this year?
    WTF Weekly Tournament Fishing Sunday Morning Tournament
    Every Sunday 6:00am to 1pm.

All legal black bass allowed:largemouth/smallmouth=14+, spot/guad=ANY SIZE
    $40 entry, Big Bass Included

http://wtfishing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FearandLoathing View Post
    not trying to be sarcastic.I like skeeters as much as the next boat,I see some of the nicest ones in Central Texas come through the shop with regularity.they are very nice, however I don't see how you can take 40,000 off the price of the boat.that price Delta could buy a nice rig
    Seems to me you could get a stroker or an Allison for 90k instead and have a serious machine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Skeeters are sexy boats for sure, and provide the most stability of any boat I have fished out of hands down.

For the tournament anlgers that are in the market for a new boat, when you consider that there are so many chances in our area to win Skeeter Real Money and only have to pay $40 to do it, its an added bonus knowing that should I choose Skeeter over brand X I at least can get rewarded handsomely for running it (should I ever luck in to a win). I myself am playing the law of averages. Fish enough you catch a 10, enter enough tournaments you gotta win, right?
    Last edited by ShawnT; 08-14-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    Craig C and austinjohn like this.
    Thursday Nighters
    TIME: 6:30pm - 10:00pm
    ENTRY: $40/team
    www.thursdaynighters.com

Supporting Vendor
    I'm considering sell both my boats and paring down to one . The goal is to have one boat that will fish and run over a 100. I just priced a 2015 Bullet 20xdc with all options except electronics is $33,000 w/o motor. I'll be putting my 300xs on it if I do it. A new 250Pro XS with a sporty gear case is $ 16730.00. So that would put the boat @ $49730.00 plus electronics. Rigged to fish with mid to upper range electronics $53000 to $55000. An Allison, Stoker or Sterling a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by txbevo View Post
    so the boat yall were running was like 90k whats the difference in the two .....other than 40k?
    Dave,

It's tongue in cheek when we say the FX I'm currently in is $90K, realistically that boat sells in the mid $70Ks. If I were to go with two 12" graphs, another Power Pole and a stereo it might get a little closer to $90K. So the difference is more like $20K when compared to a current ZX model, it's a legitimate question and one you hear often when talking about the FX and ZX boats.

Shawn covered a lot of the options in his post, in addition to the analog the FX also has digital gauges that with a push of a button will tell you engine hours, fuel level, rpms, etc. Definitely a nice feature but still not thousands of dollars of better. Skeeter and Yamaha co-engineered the FX hull specifically for the SHO motor. There is literature out there that explains all the technical stuff like difference in degrees and primary and secondary reverse chines of both hulls, all I know is if you spend enough time behind the wheel of both the ZX and FX hull there is a substantial difference in the way both boats handle and ride. A ZX is a great boat and Skeeter's most popular selling model, but after you've been in an FX there is no going back.

There is also something intangible about that FX/SHO motor when towing it down the road, when its sitting in the parking lot or beached on the bank...that thing is a head turner! Even after running the 2014 FX for nearly six months there is a voice in the back of my head that keeps saying, "That is one sexy boat!" Is all that worth the extra money? For some it doesn't add up, for others it makes perfect sense. Luckily there are different models to choose from.

I really can't wait to get into the new FXI and see the new ZXs in person, anyone purchasing a new bass boat in 2015 needs to do your due diligence and stop by South Austin Marine or Boerne Marine and give the new ZXs a look over, at around $50K with the SHO motor and everything included as a standard from the factory it'll be hard for any other boat manufacturer to even come close to these boats at that price.

Thanks Andy the reason I ask u in particular is caz I no u been in both in the last few yrs and would no ... Thx for all the good info.... Ya I'm jealous of ur sexy boat for sure!!! Tightlines bro!

Ps as I said b4 I'll keep my money in Texas as the skeeter is born in the lonestar state!!!
    Last edited by txbevo; 08-14-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Only thing I'm wondering is why the change from Humminbird to Lowrance as stock graphs? May be a dealer question here, but, If I wanted to change to Humminbird would it cost me because they come stock with the Lowrance? Or would I have to custom build a boat from the factory and get it shipped to the dealer to avoid this? I'm sure Lowrance units are bad ass too, but I like the Ipilot link capabilities with my Humminbird unit, and looking at upgrading to 360 imaging as well, that I don't think Lowrance offers yet. Opinions welcomed......
    President - Integrated Solar & Power
    http://www.IntegratedSolar.us
    PB 11.87

Disregard previous post. I have a tendency to answer my own questions via the world wide web. I found that Lowrance does offer a version of 360 imaging called SpotlightScan. Also the Minn Kota Fortex trolling motor that comes with the skeeter is not ipilot capable anyway. So I guess having the Lowrance as a stock unit may not be bad after all.
    President - Integrated Solar & Power
    http://www.IntegratedSolar.us
    PB 11.87

Quote Originally Posted by txbevo View Post

Ps as I said b4 I'll keep my money in Texas as the skeeter is born in the lonestar state!!!
    I believe they are the only bass boat that can say that. Get you a tundra to tow it and you are 100% Texas sir!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links