Bass Fishing Forum banner

It's not a 2013 I-class... it's not a 2003 ZX...

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Jketchum 
#1 ·
Well its not a skeeter. But it's mine!

Its a 1993 Javelin 389. 19' with a Johnson Fast Strike 175hp and a 4 blade prop and hot foot. Myself and ol boy i bought it from did 60mph.

It needs carpet, lots of tlc and good electronics. Mechanically i think she is sound. Paid cash for it and still have a good looking budget going towards carpet first.

Found new decals for the outboard, its gunna get wet sanded then a fresh coat of paint.

Who does carpet? I know shoreline does. Anybody else?

I would also like to get the gel coat refinished.

Shes gunna shine like a new dime when I'm done.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks fellas!
Had a date with the pressure washer last night. Got all the boxs cleaned out and the rest of the carpet and glue up. Took the seats out and found out that they also need replacing...

After work today i tackled the bilge pump and live well pumps. I need two switches.

Ordered the windshield and seats today.

Off to shoreline soon for the carpets!

Hooked the hose up to her this afternoon, she fired right up and sounds awesome! water pump works well,I forgot to check it when i bought it on sunday.

So far total investment, counting the carpet quote I'm right at $5,000

Not bad, the process has been fun so far and its gunna be a sweet ride in a few weeks!

#14 ·
That boat is Purdy. I like it. Better watch it with that Johnson, the hole shot will nearly snap your neck!
Once you get her on the water let me know if you want to play with your setup.
I bet you can squeeze another 3-5 miles per hour out of her with the right prop and engine height.

#15 ·
Here's some progress pics of the ugly duckling. She will be Purdy soon!

Next up im going to reprint the motor, decals came in today.
Then I plan on attacking the oxidation, got some 3m compound stuff and Dug out the orbital buffer.
The windshield is ordered as well as the new seats.
Monday its going to shoreline, after that she will be presentable!

I'm always down for a few more mph's. It's got a SS 4 blade on it now and a 3 blade the seller is sending me.
I have no clue what pitch or size either are.

Attachments

#17 ·
I would start looking for a jack plate. Not a giant one, just 4 or 6 inches. Not so much for the setback, though it will help, but mostly for the easy height adjustment. If you start looking now you can be more picky and cheap about it. I don't get ugly duckling from the pictures I saw, that boat is nice.

Reactions: Jketchum
#18 ·
I got the boat back from shoreline last Friday, been too busy fishing to take pics and post a update lol.
Gregg and his crew at shoreline did an A+ job, absolute quality and done in a timely manner.

Been out on the water 4 times now, think i got all the bugs worked out. still got some stuff to do on the rig though, elite 5 is still not come in, gotta wire up the stereo, storage and led nav lights and other odds and ends.

The hole shot could use some help, I am thinking about a jack plate. I wish i could afford a hyd but $1,000 is out of the question.

I'm really happy with the boat, the ride is awesome and it handles great.

Attachments

#20 ·
Boat looks sharp!! If you have not already I would recommend removing the VRO pump out of that motor and mixing your gas/oil. I know way to many people that have blown the motor because of that pump failure. Otherwise that motor is a very solid motor. Should give you years of good fun...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.