Kenner 18v project - not a restore, more like a custom redo.... - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Kenner 18v project - not a restore, more like a custom redo....

Quote Originally Posted by JayRBV View Post
    NICE NICE NICE!!
    I'll be looking for a center console next year & NOT planning on a new one! I'll definitely keep this in mind!!!
    I've seen a few of the old Kenner's for sale down by the coast. Any idea how much that thing weighs, loaded, motor and all with trailer and full of gas??
    This model is 950 lbs bare boned with a 7'7" beam. The motor is 350 lbs. Add in rigging, then batteries and I'd say close to 1,500 with fuel. It has an impressive draft - I'll snap a few shots this weekend if the sunlight allows.

I do think I need to prop it out right - I am confirming the RPM range on the engine and think it is 4500 - 5500. With my current prop, I am on the low end of that. WOT should have me at 5,500.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutgroves View Post
    This model is 950 lbs bare boned with a 7'7" beam. The motor is 350 lbs. Add in rigging, then batteries and I'd say close to 1,500 with fuel. It has an impressive draft - I'll snap a few shots this weekend if the sunlight allows.

I do think I need to prop it out right - I am confirming the RPM range on the engine and think it is 4500 - 5500. With my current prop, I am on the low end of that. WOT should have me at 5,500.
    Here are pics of the draft.

The side shot of the hull shows about 4" - 6" draft, but being a v-hull, of course it is actually deeper. Take the back shot - the scupper is showing about 4" draft. The picture of the stern below the engine is 11" draft. Both are measured. This is without anyone on the boat, but with nearly a full tank of gas, cooler and gear for two people. Honestly, I am and always have been very impressed by how shallow this boat drafts for a v-hull.
    JayRBV likes this.

when I get stuck on a sand bar with my v186 I usually have to get out of the boat to push it off as its the center of the hull that is dragging not the stern. If I use a push pole to try to get loose I just rotate around the center and can't get loose. OTOH, when I get out she usually floats right off, just need to hang on and be ready to get back in. That V in front sure makes for a nice smooth ride as it cuts the waves. They are still popular down there for a reason.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

I am easily pleased, plus anytime you can walk the banks drinking cold beer slaying carp it is a good day.
    If it involves my rod and something wet, I'm in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links