Where did you put your LSS-1?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Where did you put your LSS-1?

Where did you put your LSS-1?

Where did you install your LSS-1? Bilge? Rod locker?

Also, how did you mount the transducer? Boat or jackplate?

Contemplating calling Jacky and saving myself the headache...
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuWtY_LX6qnPWXHueRC-hQ

Administrator
    Bend over and I will show you...

Just a little Christmas Vacation humor.

Under the drivers console...
    Waylon Papst and Fish Finder like this.

Dez
    Does Jacky sell Humminbird????

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TDub View Post
    Bend over and I will show you...

Just a little Christmas Vacation humor.

Under the drivers console...
    Thats where we put ours.. Not up your ass but under the driver console. As far as the LSS1 transducer we mounted ours underneath the boat back where the drain plug is located. We attached it using 3M VHB double sided tape and ran a bead of silicone around the outside edge. Solid as a rock and no holes in the boat. It was a very easy installation but Jacky is never a bad choice.

Last edited by Waylon Papst; 12-26-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    RO likes this.

Boy I sure am awesome. Tried running the cable from the LSS transducer up to the box. Couldn't do it. Went to Lowe's and got an electrician's fish, came back, put some duct tape over the hook so it wouldn't snag, and still hung that sumbuck up trying to get it back to the bilge... I am guessing somewhere around the shifter. Shifter now doesn't want to engage in forward and the electrician's fish is still stuck.

Yes, I have left MobileMercMan a voicemail.

I knew I should have called Jacky.
    1MOFISH likes this.
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuWtY_LX6qnPWXHueRC-hQ

Quote Originally Posted by Acuna View Post
    Boy I sure am awesome. Tried running the cable from the LSS transducer up to the box. Couldn't do it. Went to Lowe's and got an electrician's fish, came back, put some duct tape over the hook so it wouldn't snag, and still hung that sumbuck up trying to get it back to the bilge... I am guessing somewhere around the shifter. Shifter now doesn't want to engage in forward and the electrician's fish is still stuck.

Yes, I have left MobileMercMan a voicemail.

I knew I should have called Jacky.
    Yeah, fishing the wires through the boat was the hardest part. We ended up taking out the drivers side seat, which gave us a little more access to work the wires though. Once you get the wires run, the rest is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylon Papst View Post
    Yeah, fishing the wires through the boat was the hardest part. We ended up taking out the drivers side seat, which gave us a little more access to work the wires though. Once you get the wires run, the rest is a piece of cake.
    It is the biggest PITA. And my OCD nature isn't helping. About every five minutes I will go back outside and see if I can get the electrician's fish free. I can't push it back to the bilge and I can't pull it free either. Seems like everybody is closed this week and if I just took my boat out of commission (by not being able to engage it in forward) on the one week when I was actually planning on doing some fishing and not having to work so hard, I am going to be so freaking happy. My wife is going to love being around me.

The back of my hands is shredded from screws and fiberglass. I spent about 4-5 hours on this project so far.

Dez
    Andrew sometimes it is much safer to just cut the tape and leave it. Twisting and pulling hard can do some damage quickly. I have fiberglass push poles that don't get hungup easily if you need em...

Sorry I didn't read the part about the shifter, have no idea how that happened..

Humminbird's Side scan is a pain too.. You have to push the view button like 3 times..

Good luck

Last edited by Dez; 12-26-2011 at 02:37 PM.

For me, it was an easy install. I mounted the brain vertically under the driver's console, attached to the wall that separates the console area from the starboard storage locker. I wired the brain to the main accessories power buss, red-to-red, black-to black, and yellow to the switch. I also ran an e-net cable to the HD7 on the bow.

I mounted the transducer on the starboard transom step where a temp sensor had previously been mounted. I made a bracket out of aluminum to lower the 'ducer 1 inch to clear the bottom of the sponson. Running the 'ducer cable to the console area was as simple as running it through the steering cable access in the splashwell, then removing a storage hatch bin and threading it on through to the console area.
    RO likes this.
    Son, we live in a world with lakes, and those lakes have to be guarded by men with fishing rods.

Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg
    ?

Andrew since I've done it before I'd be happy to come over and look at it/drink a beer.. I'm not far away. Let me know holmes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links