Fishing in the rain
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RedTop
  • 1 Post By Taxman

Thread: Fishing in the rain

Fishing in the rain

Alright this is gonna be a question about the boat, and a weak fishing report. I looked at the weather last night, but only checked what the temps were gonna be. So I got up early this morning and walked outside and it was raining. I had it in my head already that I was gonna call in sick, so I did and went fishing. I caught one small fish and had not one other bite. I sucked ass today. Anyway it rained off and on all morning and into the afternoon. My boat is soaked of course.

Question?? When you fish in the rain and the carpet gets soaked do you go ahead and put the cover on and then wait for a sunny day to air it out or what?? I don't want to pull the cover off next time I go fishing and have mold. Problem is I have had boat boat for awhile, just never in the rain. Oh and it was awesome seeing all that rain today it felt great knowing that the lakes were getting a little help.

Yea I have one of those cheap Academy covers. It does good and I always keep the boat covered, but I went out and fished and the boat took a bath. I will probably take the fan out there and turn it on for the night, but it has to go to storage in the morning, the HOA is threatening another lawsuit..

Thanks

HOA's...what a pin in the rear.

My Ranger was at the shop getting the electronics working right and they called and said it was done....I went up on a Wednesday and picked it up...came home , backed in the driveway and headed to work. I'll be damed if I didn't get a frikin letter the next week from the THURSDAY after I picked up the boat about it being in the driveway....I mean the next day they drive by and I get wrote up....

Lil HOA gestapo....they collect a lot of damn money to write letters and have the grass mowed at the entrance to our subdivision.
    tlee_ls1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

After the Travis T, I washed my carpet to get the dirt out, so it was wet. I pout the cover on Monday so that it would not get more wet from the rain. THe cover is now off so it can finish drying and then it will go back on....
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuWtY_LX6qnPWXHueRC-hQ

Oh and my condolences on the HOA situation, I am sooooo glad I don't live in a neighborhood with an HOA.
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuWtY_LX6qnPWXHueRC-hQ

Dez
    Never ever buy into a HOA!!!

The folks that back up to me have one, we don't. They freaked out when we started building the stage in the back yard and I got called in on several times. They finally figuredout I had a permit and shut up... I told the lady behind us that she should have found out where that HOA ends before they bought the place. She said they will next time..

I keep my cover on if it's going to rain even when it's a little wet already. Then pull the cover on the first sunny day. This way it dries quicker and isnt completly soaked. NOw if it is already soaked, I just leave it off and let the rain storms wash the hell out of it. I'm going to get one of those 2 car metal canopys very soon. All this rain is nice and needed but it is pissing me off that my boat has been wet for nearly a month now. I think the last saturdays tourny was as dry as its been in a while.
    tlee_ls1 likes this.

Yea its weird here. I don't have to pay the HOA dues but yet they still send me shit. It is a deed restricted community. Whatever that means. I need to figure out how they can write me up if I am grandfathered out of their dues?? Any ideas?? I think the house was built before the HOA came in, not sure though

Sponsored Links