Carpet Installation Help?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Carpet Installation Help?

I am getting ready to recarpet my boat. I have the old carpet out, most of the glue removed, but am a little nervous about starting to cut and lay the carpet. Has anyone locally done this before and willing to give some on-site advise, pointers, help? Willing to pay if you know what you are doing. The hard part is done. Also looking for local person/company to redo my seats.

Rear deck with carpet removed and new pedestal base installed.

I live in south austin.

Thanks,

Well, I got my carpet late today and did a couple of lids to try my skills out. Messed up one cut but better to find out before it was glued down the wrong way. Going to try a floor section tomorrow.

yea I have done most of my boat, so now I am sporting the two tone. It's not too bad. If you have the old piece of carpet for the bigger pieces it makes it real nice to use as a template. Make for sure you don't use too much glue. I did on my main floor piece and it soaked through a little. I bought the glue and the (trowel??) from lowes. At first I used the big end to spread the glue.....The little grooves are plenty. I live in Round Rock. Pm me, and if your half way close I could maybe run by. I would never do someone else's, just because mine is not perfect. But I can help out with pointers for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

the doors look good by the way...seems like your on the right track.

Here is a really good thread on BBC on carpet.

BBC Boards: How to cut a corner on your new carpet job!

Salvaging the old carpet for templates is key.. Will save a lot of hours and headaches for sure. My carpet is done in the Ranger!! Time to start catchin toads on the reg..

Red face Thanks

Well, I got most of it done today. Got the three front lids to do and lots of little things, trim, etc to finish it up. Not to bad but just lots of work. I will post some pictures of the finished product when done. thanks for the advice guys. Going slow is the key for me. time for the maden voyage soon.

congrats man. Yea I spent two weeks dreading it and then finally just did it. There are things I would do different, but it was cheap and easy enough so I am happy with it. Good job. Can't wait to see pics

Got it all laid today. Still have the trim to do some lid alignment things, and all the little details. Almost made a trip to the ER on the last piece I was putting in. Trying to trim a little excess under the console and cut the poop out of my finger. Brand new blade and cut that baby to the bone. Had a neighbor do a little triag as my hands werr full of glue and I did not want to get blood all over the new carpet.

Couple pics...

should be done tomorrow. We actually might get some rain so it could be a rain day as I am doing this all outside. I will take the rain. We need a bunch to catch up.

All I need now is some seats and we are ready to go fishing. Having trouble finding seats on my budget. Going to make some calls tomorrow and try to finalize a deal. MOM give me a call!!!

Sponsored Links