Boat inspection before purchase?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SkeeterLance
  • 1 Post By 1MOFISH

Thread: Boat inspection before purchase?

Boat inspection before purchase?

Hi everyone -

I hope this is the right place for this question.

I've been thinking about getting a boat so I can take my sons out fishing. I've been looking at a few on CL and other places, and intend to purchase a used boat. I don't want to spent a lot but also don't want to be in a position where I have to Bust Out Another Thousand on a regular basis either.

I'm thinking it would be great to have someone inspect a boat for me before I purchase - since I don't know what all to look for in evaluating a boat's condition. Any suggestions on folks you'd recommend for this type of service?

Also, I've been looking around and trying to figure out what would be the best starter boat for me. I've seen a couple different styles, and I like the center console type as it seems to be pretty flexible in use and could also go to the coast (Corpus). But really, I don't know a lot here and would welcome any feedback, questions or pointers as I consider whether to take this next step.

Thanks everyone
    Chris

The main thing on looking for a boat is to make sure the motor is solid. If its a Merc, have Jim the mobikemerc man check it out. If looking at a center console, make sure the transom doesn't have any cracks. If you need a bass boat, just make sure everything works, pumps, lights etc.

If you have any questions you can give me a call. Ive bought and sold a few in my day.
    basstrack likes this.

Like Lance said I would have Jim the mobile merc man come out and look at it for you. He will test ride it with you and then run a few test on and let you know what he thinks. Also his number is located in in this topic thread. Also he only works on Mercurys.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

X2. Lance for the boat and DEFINITELY Jim for the outboard. Like stated, he only works on Mercury.
    basstrack likes this.
    Tenfo?

Jim is great and thorough so I 2nd that. But whatever you do, don't give them any money until you see a title in hand for the boat and the motor - no matter what.

If you are still looking for a bass boat that won't cost an arm and a leg I am getting ready to put mineon the market. It isw a fiberglass bass tracker. I have had the boat for 9 years. I put a rebuilt motor on it, new trailer, and just did a buff polish, recent livewell pumps, batteries. 24 volt TM. My son fishes the FLW college events and has had no problems with this boat. The only thing that needs work issome of the gauges.

Flexible on sale price depending on what you want to go with the boat. Currently has humminbird1197 can downgrade from my new to me boat. It has some older electronics on it.

Sponsored Links