Transducer Help
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Transducer Help

Question Transducer Help

Just purchased a HB 596 hd di and want to place it next to my Eagle w/ gps. Would like to use the Eagle to mark waypoints etc . Problem---can I put both transducers fairly close to each other or will that cause a problem between the units? Quess I could run one at a time, find a brush pile, turn on the Eagle and mark my waypoint??? Any suggestions ? Thanks
    Mike
    thump-me

I just read something in the latest Bassmaster magazine from Gerald Swindle about he doesn't even run his front and rear mounted units at the same time because they interfere with each other.
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

Thanks for your input Texan ;I dont have that problem, I can run the one at the trolling motor and main unit with no issues. But I dont have alot of room on the back and will have to put the HB closer to the Eagle than I'd like and I expect interferance between the two.
    thump-me

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

you will get interference.....i have an eagle in the dash and on the trolling motor and a HB 998 at the steering wheel. there is is definitley communication between the the two types. i understand they have different frequencies.

Sounds good, afterwards we can have a knitting circle and discuss our menstruation cycles.John Ward

Dez
    Yep they will cross talk. Turn one down like you said Mike..

I'm going to try and hit Decker up this weekend. I'm thinking of useing the HB( sonar mode) and gps only on the eagle. Hoping wont get any cross talk between them since only 1 transducer will actually be working.
    thump-me

Hey thump me,
    Not real sure about the HB units but Lowrance units can be used together because of the diffrent frequencies. Just call the HB tech department and run your questions by them.
    I have an HDS 8 with the LSS 1 (tucked away from weather) module for down and side scan on the consol via a ram mount, an LMS 525 in the dash which I use for normal sonar or map (ethernet the 525 to the LSS module for transducer usage via the puck mounted in the back bottom of the boat which can be shared with the HDS 8 unit at the same time) I have an HDS 5 front bow that I have ethernet connected to the LSS 1 which allows me to share waypoints from the HDS 8 along with down scan and side plus map and finally a DSI 5 Elite via a ram mount on the bow also. I have a standard TM tranducer puck installed to the bottom of the TM along with the transducer for the DSI unit. There seems to be no issues with any of the units. I have ran all at the same time just to see if there are any problems, none. Just for the record for you Lowrance users, you can link via a eithernet connection thru the LSS 1 module a non HDS unit to an HDS unit for normal sonar usage but you will not have the down and side usage.
    I know this response is a little long but I see questions all the time from people about what they are able to do with the units today and maybe I have help clear up some things.
    Have a great day on the water.

Did get on the water Sun and tried out the new HB. Worked great, the DI really gave off some good pictures. I did get alittle cross talk between the two units but not bad. Tried the Eagle only in GPS mode and then in sonar only. Made no difference. But the interference was very small vertical lines and didnt really interfere with the picture that bad--can live with it. Once I turned off the Eagle the HB picture was clear as a bell. Over all satisfied with the HB, real simple to use.
    thump-me

Dez
    Good to hear. That's a nice unit..

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    That's a nice unit..
    If i had a nickel for every time I heard that one..
    Waylon Papst likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links