Spicewood/Marble Falls Yamaha mechanics?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Spicewood/Marble Falls Yamaha mechanics?

A friend who just moved to Spicewood also just bought his first boat - a pontoon with a 2008 year model 200 hp 4 stroke Yamaha w/58 hours. *We took it out first time last Sunday and I noticed the pee stream was weak until he ran it up to 2500+ rpm, so he needs to have the impeller replaced.

Any recommendations on who to take it to out that way since it's a big rig to tow and he's kinda in the middle of nowhere? *There's a place, think it's called Performance something or other, at Hwy 71/Spur 191 across from the Exxon that's pretty close to his house. *Anybody know anything about them, or maybe Bay Marine at Horseshoe Bay? *He'd just like to avoid dragging it all the way into South Austin Marine if he can.

Administrator

Re: Spicewood/Marble Falls Yamaha mechanics?

Performance Outboard on 71 does GREAT work.

Thanks Dub. That's good to know since Performance is so close to his house.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Just heard from my bud - the place in Spicewood I was thinking is Performance is actually Full Throttle Marine that apparently specializes more in performance Mercury I/O's. Performance Outboards is apparently on 71 in Bee Cave and told him South Austin Marine was the go to Yamaha place. Since he's a rookie pulling a 'toon with a short wheelbase Jeep he's not comfortable pulling it in thru all the road construction, etc., so said he's gonna go the other way to Marble Falls.

So, any suggestions in Marble Falls/Horseshoe Bay? Is Bay Marine the "go to" Yamaha place up there?

Dez

Call Bob Walden, he works out of Spicewood quite a bit. 521 630-5952

+ 1 for Chris at *performance. Pretty straight shooter. He is on Crawford off 71 just west of R O *
    Your character and integrity is tested the most when you think no one is watching

The best Yamaha mechanics in the area are located in Kingsland. LBJ Marineland. They also have a store in Marble Falls accross from American Bank of Texas on Hwy 281. Ask for Rick ( owner ) or Walker ( Mechanic ). I run a Vmax and have never had a problem with service or warranty issues when dealing with them. 325-388-4724

ProGator

Quote Originally Posted by 684A577F594C574A380
    The best Yamaha mechanics in the area are located in Kingsland. LBJ Marineland. They also have a store in Marble Falls accross from American Bank of Texas on Hwy 281. Ask for Rick ( owner ) or Walker ( Mechanic ). I run a Vmax and have never had a problem with service or warranty issues when dealing with them. *325-388-4724

ProGator *
    Thanks for all the responses guys. ProGator - that is really great to know about Walker in Kingsland. I could tell after calling LBJ Marineland and talking to Walker last Thursday about my bud's Yamaha that he was the guy to go to. I recommended my friend take his 'toon to LBJ Marineland via 71/2233/2900 to minimize traffic, which he did Saturday, and said after meeting with Walker that he was really glad he took it there. Thanks again everybody.

-Andy

If I suggested South Austin Marine, it must have been because of a mis understanding on my part. A waterpump change out is a no brainer. I remember someone calling and wanting to know if I had an impeller in stock and I said no. I was under the assumption they wanted to bye the parts and install it themself.

Sorry............My Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by 112433271E0E3435232E20332532410
    If I suggested South Austin Marine, it must have been because of a mis understanding on my part. A waterpump change out is a no brainer. I remember someone calling and wanting to know if I had an impeller in stock and I said no. I was under the assumption they wanted to bye the parts and install it themself.

Sorry............My Bad!
    No prob Chris. If it was my friend that called he was definitely looking for someone to do the work because he's a boat newbie and doesn't have the first clue how to change out the water pump. Main thing for him was that he didn't want to tow the pontoon east down 71 thru the construction.

Wierd thing was that his nylon water pump housing had partially melted but the impeller was still in great shape. Walker said it was from the previous owner starting the motor dry. Always thought the impeller would self-destruct way before the housing would sustain any damage when starting an outboard or I/O dry.

Sponsored Links