Town Lake Bass Report - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Town Lake Bass Report

Fished this AM from 8:00am-12:00am. Got 3 small fish (pound or less) on a wacky worm. Not a great morning; I did hook up with something which broke my line. I don't think it was gigantic but rather me playing the fish poorly (I've become paranoid about fish going into the brush and getting me and my kayak all tangled up so I pull way too hard).

Fished from 6:00 pm-8:00pm and got BLANKED!! Real pissed off about it. I managed one bluegill and no bass. I hooked up with a larger size bass but it was completely dark and I couldn't tell whether to set the hook or not. Using a wacky worm again like last night.

On the bright side, I ran into a tournament on the lake. Apparently every other Tuesday, 10+ boats meet at the Holiday Inn Ramp at 6:00pm. It lasts to 9:30 and the big fish wins. Entry fee is 10 dollars. Trucknmusic, ya up for that in two weeks?

Big fish over 21"? Town has a slot.

U know I wondered about that but when I was watching people fishing the other night, they were taking pictures and throwing them back. But it would make sense for the big fish to be over 21 inches. I'm not sure if you're supposed to keep it for the weigh in because some people are fishing on boats that don't have live wells (some were even on kayaks).

Of course your big fish could be under 14 inches as well. Anyways, not exactly clear. But if anyone is interested just message me and I'll give u the e-mail of the guy running the tournament.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Per TPWD:
    Statewide regulations apply to all species with the exception of largemouth bass, which has a 14-21 inch slot limit. Bass between 14 and 21 inches must be immediately released. Five bass under 14 inches or four bass less than 14 inches and one bass greater than 21 inches may be retained per day. Only one bass greater than 21" in length may be kept per day.

I caught and released a 24 incher LMB, caught near the Tom Miller Dam, in August of this year. I have no idea what it weighed, but estimated between 8-10lbs, based on several other fisherman that witnessed it. I took a pic, but my camera got wet while wading back. It shows the fish in Purple..I will get it posted soon.

DoctorDale,

Guess you didn't see my post under misc. but my boat has a big hole in it right now from a non-observent crew team. Funny thing is though that this guy who is my witness to the collision, told me about the tourny too. I think it is run by river city bass club - don't remember the guys name who organizes it. If I remember correctly, it is a big bass tourny and you have to take a digital pic of the fish on the scale. I kinda have a digital camera but it is not working right now. So if I get that fixed, my boat fixed, and re-learn how to catch big fish out there, I am in.

Geez, sorry to hear that. Whenever I see the guys rowing out there I play chicken with them and refuse to leave if I'm fishing. Now, I think I'll move.

Went fishing again tonight (6:30-7:45) didn't get anything but I only worked a very small part of the lake right next to my apartment. Normally I work a good deal. I did have a fish break my line AGAIN after it got dark. This one felt good as it broke the connection of my line with the hook. No point to light line if I'm fishing at dusk/night; time to go back to the spiderwire. Again using the big wacky worm combo.

I'm not sure if you would know, but are they going to continue running the tournament after the time change (day light savings)?

I feel like you should play the slot on a big bass tourney. In my expereince, part of the big bass tournament format is carrying over the pot when no big bass is brought to the scales. I suppose a picture on a scale would work for our purposes though. But then what qualifies as big bass, anything?

I know its off topic,but...when we gonna get out and fish chris? ;P

Fished Saturday from 8:00am-12:00pm and got 5 five. All five fish were at the entrance of Barton Creek. I got nothing on my popper or my wacky worm until I got to Barton Creek; then my wacky worm got my fish quick. I think I would have gotten more but I was following a boat and another yak so it wasn't a good position I was in (I followed them halfway up to Barton Creek). The fish were a 2#, 2 1#, and 1 dink. Not a good day fishing.

DoctorDale, What is the email address of the guy running that tourney on TL? Im interested in fishing that especially since I have a canoe and a digital camera.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links