Bastrop 2/1/20
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By langlowe9

Thread: Bastrop 2/1/20

Bastrop 2/1/20

We were ready of a cold windy day when we set out at first light. We were cautiously optimistic about our chances: Bright sky, 5 knot north wind, high barometer. I cinched up my hood for the thirty-second full-throttle run to find our starting spot.

We agreed starting on main-lake structure would not be a good idea due to the white-out mist coming off the water. So we picked a nice point that already had a boat on it. We inquired what direction they were heading and we took the opposite tack.

I scored first by long-pausing the Shadow Rap over the eel-grass. I got another one on a Ned Rig. At this point, Todd was done messing with the shoreline. He took us right to our honey-hole.

We passed over the outside edge of the hydrilla and Todd anchored us up. We cast out our drop-shots and began the third-weekend in a row drop-shot bonanza. How does this spot continue to deliver week in and week out?

The bite was steady, and just like previous weeks, we spent at least five hours in an area the size of a basketball court pulling up fish after fish. Todd caught some bigger Bastop specimens, notably a skinny 3-5 and a plump 3-6. I caught a couple nice fish that were a few ounces shy of three pounds.

We had a blast and caught well over fifty, the third week in a row we've whacked 'em good.

I still can't believe that one spot has given us close to 200 catches in only three trips. Pretty amazing. Just wish they were all 3lbers.

We just kept resetting back to the original waypoint and running the same track over and over.
    rbdavis3591 and Jeremy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by langlowe9 View Post
    I still can't believe that one spot has given us close to 200 catches in only three trips. Pretty amazing. Just wish they were all 3lbers.

We just kept resetting back to the original waypoint and running the same track over and over.
    Alright, I'll be the first to ask...lat and lon please?

Sounds fun, getting the yaks ready for some bass fishing here soon.

-Roy

Sponsored Links