Decker Lake
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?

Thread: Decker Lake

Decker Lake

Does anyone have an update on the lake levels and Decker lake? Also known as Lake Ling? A friend of mine said he could not launch his boat there this weekend because it’s like 2 foot low.

Still low it's more like 3 feet lower than the lowest I've seen it in the last 10 years or so. I think most bass or jon/skiff type boats less than 18-20 feet can still launch. You just have to be a little careful. I hadn't been there in months so I was surprised when I got there. Took a quick look around and put my 17ft mako skiff in with no issues. Did manage to keep my rear tires on the paved portion of the ramp. Bigger deeper hull boats might have a problem

They put some water in it on Saturday, and are suppose to be adding 1 foot tomorrow. They were lowering it to spray and kill some of the grass.....
    JR

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Tried, but gave up on Launching my Ranger at Decker today. I probably could have launched if was willing to really get on the outboard to get the boat off the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder View Post
    Does anyone have an update on the lake levels and Decker lake? Also known as Lake Ling? A friend of mine said he could not launch his boat there this weekend because it’s like 2 foot low.

That would be Lake Long

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder View Post
    I was there yesterday. It is very low. People are having a difficult time launching and retrieving their boats. Smaller boats have a better chance

the web site for the tournament that was scheduled there on Sat stated that Parks & Rec has closed the lake due to low water levels

https://hutto.younglife.team/hutto-y...-charity-event

I know Decker is pumped in from the Colorado, but I would think it came up a little from Thursday's rain. I drove by Lake Pflugerville yesterday and its level is almost to the ramp.

Plan to head there Sunday. Any new word on level? I have a heck of a time launching there anyway with those weird ramps. Talked to someone today who said he was out there last week killing them on the gravel bed and the spillway, but he did not mention the lake being low or any launch issues. I didn't know to ask.
    i wonder if the fish dream about me as often as i dream about them?

Sponsored Links