Llano River Fishing
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BassinAg

Thread: Llano River Fishing

Llano River Fishing

We took the kayaks up to Llano on Saturday and got on the river west of town around 8:00AM. We went upstream for a couple hours then returned and headed downstream for another 3 hours. Approximately 6 hours on the river and we boated 43 bass for the day. Lots of dinks in the group but we did get 6 over 2lbs. Everything was on plastics around grass or laydowns in the water. It was beautiful day on the water and the clear water made the fishing really fun.
    quiet time and flykast like this.

Great report! My son and I were thinking of camping, yakking and fishing on the LLano River the first week of November. I had heard that the bass were scarce due to the floods from 2018 but it doesn't sound like you had any problems catching fish! Can you tell me where you launched? I'd like to try and replicate your float.

Thanks!
    Quiet Time

No problem. We launched via some private land just west of town. I would say you would be fine launching from the city park or going west to Castell and launching there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

The flow in the Llano looks really low. Did you have any issues with that?

Thanks for your help!

Yes we did. Limited how far we were able to go. We had planned on going further and we had a portage a couple time. Recent rains are helping but needs more for sure.

Sponsored Links