Decker 10/5/19
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By Pastdueforapaycheck

Thread: Decker 10/5/19

Decker 10/5/19

I'm not fishing P-ville until the level comes up. I don't want to go to Town Lake until ACL leaves town. Walter E. Long is close by, so there I went.

Tough bite at Decker today. Several anglers told me they caught three pounders early but then crickets. I got a couple small LMB on senko from the inside edge early. I tried fishing the outside edge with TR and DS for naught. Off at noon.

IMG_20191005_073035554.jpg

Wow. I bow down to your expert angling abilities. That has been an impossible body of water for me over the last couple of months...

I appreciate the kind words. I went back to Decker on Sunday and could not catch a fish.

langlowe9 and I put in and went to our traditional starting spot. langlowe9 got a couple on senko from the inside edge. The kayak to our east got at least three when we were looking by sucking them out of the reeds with a buzzbait. We rounded the point and saw a backseater boat a nice one from the outside edge and put it on the tourney board. His front seat gave him a fist bump and they headed to the back of the cove.

We went looking for more inside edges but the lake is down four feet and the reed edges were matted. I got two strikes, one on senko and one on fluke, but missed them both. We gave up at noon.

The low lake level is making recovering your boat with two wheel drive a real challenge. The ramp concrete rolls off to a street curb sized drop-off. Saturday, a tow rig hauling a 25' center console took thirty minutes to pull up the ramp.

Normally, I pull us up to the wipe-down area. langlowe9 relieved me of that responsibility on Sunday. He expertly pulled, and with a little tire smoke and some Traction-Lok, made it look easy.
    jcthurman and MrTexasFreedom like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

We caught some toads recently on decker with weightless trig plastics from 630 to 930 working open areas of the grass line. Several over 5 lb. Only got bit in those areas where there was an opening in the grass
    flykast and MrTexasFreedom like this.

nice job

Sponsored Links