LPf 9/12/19 Dry Run Redemption
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Jeremy
  • 2 Post By Jeremy
  • 3 Post By Jeremy

Thread: LPf 9/12/19 Dry Run Redemption

LPf 9/12/19 Dry Run Redemption

Yesterday, I got to the lake at 4PM, anxious to get out on the placid lake. I considered looking at the KXAN Fake Radar (Sharpiegate, I called it!), but the weather changes every couple minutes so why bother.

I dragged the boat over the rocks and waded a couple hundred feet to get to navigable water. I got out on the mainlake and cast towards the outside edge.

I noticed rain to the east. I glanced over my shoulder and saw rain to the west. I looked south and saw a wall of rain advancing towards me. I looked at the Fake Radar and it was all red.

I quickly reeled in and the trick worm was struck on the way up. The fishing was probably really good, but self-preservation instincts took over. I thought, "Walmart battery don't fail me now!"

I turned the troller to max and made turns for the ramp. I started paddling furiously to supplement the battery. The wind gusted up and whitecapped the lake. I chopped grass and pole pushed until I made the ramp. The pavilion Porta-Potties blew over as I loaded out.

I went home disappointed. To make it worse, it never even rained a drop in Pflugerville. No lightning either. A very dry Dry Run.

Today, I put in at 4PM. I had the lake to myself. The bass were striking. I caught many bass and even had a big'un break off. Off at 7PM.
    IMG_20190912_160235978.jpg
    IMG_20190912_174053191.jpg

Where can you put in without getting up to your knees in mud?

Quote Originally Posted by atxtracker View Post
    Where can you put in without getting up to your knees in mud?
    I saw some yaks put in at the swim beach. The beach is decomposed granite and sand.

This morning, I nearly lost a sandal in the mud as I waded away from the ramp. It was worth the hassle. I caught over ten bass, including a good'un.
    IMG_20190921_081450624.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Went back to P-ville this morning. I rigged my boat in the dark. I've done this often enough that I can put it all together with my eyes closed, so I don't use any artificial light. The last thing is to drive the truck to the parking lot. I stepped on the gunwale to exit the boat. I heard the unmistakable crunch of a rod breaking, doh!

I parked the truck and walked down to the ramp. I put on water shoes, grabbed the bowline and towed the Pond Prowler to navigable water. At first light, bass were busting. I grabbed my frog rod and cast out to a mat. I heard splintering, so I knew the rod I had broken was an H20 Xpress 7' Heavy. I only paid ten bucks for the rod, but it still sucks.

I had another topwater set-up in the boat. I cast out the SSJr. I lost my balance and undressed the line down to the spool, doh!

I thought maybe I can get them from under the mat. I grabbed my punch rig and a Z-craw. I dipped the Z-craw in the Chartreuse Garlic Spike-It. Then I spilled the whole bottle of Spike-It onto the deck of the Pond Prowler, double doh!

Salvation came from a senko. I caught a beautiful largemouth next to a mat in 12 FOW. Off at 10AM.
    IMG_20190922_070854793_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links